!!!SO I’VE BEEN THINKING!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

louisvillereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to stick with what I know and what I do best.

what you guys think? You wan to see some progress pics of the new new tank setup or what?

You can never go wrong with this approach.

Progress pics would be great.

I can't wait to see and buy more SPS from you!

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's smart to stick with what you have a passion for what you built your brand on. I am very excited for a WYSIWYG section on your site.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is a great idea. The wysiwyg section will allow you to dabble in things, perhaps you find a few lps that you’d like to culture along the way. The wysiwyg section will allow you to do that. Keeps you flexible. I love it! Can’t wait to order again!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this thread was extremely cathartic for me and has helped me in my decision making process for sure, I appreciate all the comments and feed back tremendously. I have decided to stick with what I know and what I do best. And that's seeking out and collecting the beset looking sps I can find, and growing them!
I think it is absolutely horrible that you would raise our hopes about your getting LPS's or softies only to dash them on the rocks. You are an evil person and I will never buy another thing from you ever again.

Wait a minute... sorry about that. I just got off my twitter account. It can be a tough transition from twitter to R2R!

If you don't have a passion for the non SPS side there is no reason to pursue it. Somehow the quote "If you are mildly interested in what you do you will never work a day in your life" doesn't work very well.

New tank should be set up in the next 2 months then time for another Battlebox!!!

hat you guys think? You wan to see some progress pics of the new new tank setup or what?

Still waiting for the pics!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think it is absolutely horrible that you would raise our hopes about your getting LPS's or softies only to dash them on the rocks. You are an evil person and I will never buy another thing from you ever again.

Wait a minute... sorry about that. I just got off my twitter account. It can be a tough transition from twitter to R2R!

If you don't have a passion for the non SPS side there is no reason to pursue it. Somehow the quote "If you are mildly interested in what you do you will never work a day in your life" doesn't work very well.

New tank should be set up in the next 2 months then time for another Battlebox!!!

Still waiting for the pics!

Nice man :) ill get some updates up here soon

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll be successful regardless man. Glad to hear the empty flats will soon be wet!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You’ll be successful regardless man. Glad to hear the empty flats will soon be wet!

Thanks a lot man I really appreciate that. Planning on filling one of the dry tanks this weekend with any luck

It’s pretty much ready to go. I just need to clean up the glass surfaces real good.

Zagreus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wish you good luck. But your brand, experience and reputation you built saya you don't need it. So instead I will say I look forward to seeing how you raise the bar yet again and being a customer.

JasReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I say go for it. Keep your consistent high quality product and there is a, I am sure, very large built in market looking to buy frags at down to earth prices. It is sometimes a great move to diversify. Keep to the mission statement you have now and apply it to the new kinds of corals and you will no longer be known as just a 'stickman'. Good Luck and happy Reefing!

I have some acans and a mutant bowerbanki in the frag tank. I love the look of them and they grow pretty fast.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Freshwater testing the tank ( and stress testing the floor) lol this week.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How big are these raceways ? Like 8 feet x 4 feet ?
Gallons ?
Also will they be plumbed to the main system containing mother colonies ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Its one of six glass tanks. 11 foot by 4. Three are set up as one system calling it the "main". I'm now setting up another as a stand alone, and the other two are up in the air, but are currently plumbed to be part of them main whenever the need for more tank space arises. I just like he idea of another whole separate system thats super simple. no sump, and minimal equipment. In tank skimmer, a heater, and ill probably just manually dose 2 part.

Last edited:

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned or not and even if it has I’d second it in a heart beat. @Battlecorals anti pest prerogatives are second to none and where a lot of us look for advice on dipping and removing hitchhikers from our coral. Having Adam as a place to get clean LPS too.... NO BRAINER!!!!

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned or not and even if it has I’d second it in a heart beat. @Battlecorals anti pest prerogatives are second to none and where a lot of us look for advice on dipping and removing hitchhikers from our coral. Having Adam as a place to get clean LPS too.... NO BRAINER!!!!
Guess I should have finished the thread first... hahaha oops! Well my compliments still stand. And I’d personally back his play into LPS. But a wysiwyg is gonna be awesome as well!!!

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a new reefer without an established tank for sps, I would love to be able to grab some cool softies and stuff from ya. Heard nothing but good things about your store

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ha ha! thanks for the thread revival. Ahh the good old days when I seem to have so much time to engage the R2R audience with queries and games even, fun facts, articles, and more. I do miss it. Believe me and I oftentimes these days wonder how I managed to juggle two full-time jobs back then and still have time for lots of reef2reef engagement. alas...

As for branching out, it's an SPS bonanza up there now. No room whatsoever for anything else :) And I just wouldn't have it any other way. Thousands, literally thousands of fully encrusted sps frags ready to go. :) So yeah. I guess that's what I've been up to. lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back