So is my clam just special?

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2016
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
3,642
Location
Ocala, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all and thanks in advance for your help.

I've had this clam for about two years now, it always seems happy and is definitely growing. But it has never attached its foot to anything. Seriously, never. So it ends up spending a lot of time sideways when it gets knocked over by snails and things.

I have had it on sand, bare bottom, rock, a clam base thing made from fired ceramic...nothing.
IMG_20200408_191044.jpg

IMG_20200408_191056.jpg

IMG_20200408_191109.jpg


I am not 100% on the species, but I was told it was a maxima when I got it.
 
You definitely want I’d stay upright all the time, try a flat oyster shell
 
You have a T. derasa. If you have bright enough light, they like to stay on the sand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new