So who else misses Randy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I was just wondering if we agreed on how Randy was with Ryan.
I didn’t think he hung on his every word, I just thought Randy would loose his train of thought, going off on tangents and never end up making his point, you could see in Ryan’s face he was praying Randy would just just get there already.

I really liked Randy shame he left, but yeah I agree with all your other points, I stopped watching long ago, those info commercials are terrible, sorry but the guy that does them is not great either.
Funny cause it looked to me like Ryan interrupted Randy often and that Randy wanted to smack him because he rambled on and on with um um um um disease. I had to crank up the playback speed on their videos to 150% or higher.

AaronFReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy, you just can't win if you have a store. It doesn't matter how many informational videos you make, or how many times you say NOT to buy a product in a video – you still get called a shill.

At the end of the day, yes, of course they provide for their families by selling stuff for our hobby. But they have been very clear that by putting their efforts into helping reefers succeed in the hobby (especially beginners) that their business succeeds as well – without ever having to "push" anything on anyone.

Regarding Randy, Ryan, and the "terrible" videos now that Bertram came along, I'm not the least bit worried about it. This is a period of transition. I do think that losing Randy was a big blow to their video production processes, and to Ryan's comfort level in making videos. It seemed pretty clear that Ryan loved having a partner on camera with him – even if all he did was agree with everything. It took years for Randy to grow into that supporting role and partner status for Ryan, and I think that it WILL take time until we start to see content like we're used to. And that's OK. I've got PLENTY of other stuff to watch until then.

I think that quality video content is priority number one to Ryan and BRS. Ryan pretty much put reefing industry videos on the map. The fact that we're seeing a lack of normal high quality content like BRS Investigates doesn't mean they're done with it. It means they're in transition. Anybody that has started a business or worked in decision-making role in a business knows that changes take time. Ecotech, Neptune and BRS are all in a state of change. And BRS isn't the only one that's a little "quiet" right now.

This thread is obviously one where everyone's gonna complain about Bertram, call Ryan a shill and just catastrophize in general. I just wanted to briefly interrupt and show a little BRS love. OK! Everybody back to complaining!
This. Save the cynicism and critiques of big business for where they belong. This sort of toxic attitude people have been fostering has gone too far. Be sharp and critical but not cynical.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread has turned into exactly what we don't want this community to be about. I don't care if someone is a business or not, into reefing for profit or not, rambles off and on or not, there is absolutely no reason to ever post personal and flaming posts. This is not the norm here and it's not going to become the norm. If you want to be mean and belittling please do not post. Violators are going to have their accounts restricted. This thread is closed and many posts are going to be edited or removed all together.

Members PLEASE report flaming posts and threads so they can be dealt with. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back