Status
Not open for further replies.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Even though he was a bit annoying with the way he interacted with Ryan, I kinda miss his brs videos. I see that lately the interesting videos brs made are a thing of the past. I guess too expensive to make without a big enough roi for the investors. Who else misses the videos from before the buyout?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Was sure nice to have his presence

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though he was a bit annoying with the way he interacted with Ryan, I kinda miss his brs videos. I see that lately the interesting videos brs made are a thing of the past. I guess too expensive to make without a big enough roi for the investors. Who else misses the videos from before the buyout?
I gave up on BRS videos. It’s all just “spotlights” on things you should buy now. I know there are a couple of newer YouTubers that I used to watch that are now at BRS but I but don’t like them as much as I did before.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Randy who?
1652345111070.png

OP
OP
fishybizzness

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I gave up on BRS videos. It’s all just “spotlights” on things you should buy now. I know there are a couple of newer YouTubers that I used to watch that are now at BRS but I but don’t like them as much as I did before.
Couldn't agree with you more. The videos are imho 100% geared towards selling you something. I wonder how Ryan feels about his new work environment? I always saw him as someone who is really into the hobby and made a business out of it. Sometimes deals look great on paper but are really different in reality. I think randy saw what was coming and didn't want to be a part of it and just moved on.

OscarHaglund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't agree with you more. The videos are imho 100% geared towards selling you something. I wonder how Ryan feels about his new work environment? I always saw him as someone who is really into the hobby and made a business out of it. Sometimes deals look great on paper but are really different in reality. I think randy saw what was coming and didn't want to be a part of it and just moved on.
The new videos with Elliot and Randy are good

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do miss the content him and Ryan were putting out. Plenty of other content out there but nothing with that investigative flavor.
found him far more relatable - and consistent

Ryan buys 2K of gonis at a crack, and changes mind about 2 UVs vs 1 vs none in a span of a year - no time for that

Do miss randy and have stopped watching for anything new from BRS

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I miss him. I loved the BRS investigates videos. You could tell things were going to change as soon as Bertram joined in.

Maybe, maybe not. You just have to understand that Ryan is a very goal driven person who had a vision and making it happen. Nothing wrong. In fact people in and out of the hobby should respect that because it is a success story.

With regards to content that is a different issue. Much of the content on the web is horrible as it relates to our hobby. A lot more success in the hobby when people opened a book instead of asking a search engine of forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back