So who else misses Randy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched the first videos in the BRS biome series yesterday, which I think look promising. I think this is an important topic in progressing the hobby, and it looks like a significant investment in time and effort (setup and maintain 12 tanks for almost a year) without a huge direct commercial upside. Maybe they will sell a couple of bags of ocean direct sand or something, but it does not seem like they will be pushing any expensive new equipment etc. Hopefully as the rest of the series is released there will be helpful pathways shown for starting up new tanks.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though he was a bit annoying with the way he interacted with Ryan, I kinda miss his brs videos. I see that lately the interesting videos brs made are a thing of the past. I guess too expensive to make without a big enough roi for the investors. Who else misses the videos from before the buyout?
Could you elaborate on how he was annoying when with Ryan?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmmmm didn't they just post a year long experiment about starting up aquaria? Maybe I'm mistaken

OP
OP
fishybizzness

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He always seemed to be hanging on every word Ryan said. Almost to the point of groveling. As I said, the videos 2 of them did together were much more interesting and useful imho than the ones Ryan did by himself. Their channels are nothing more than infomercials, no useful info anymore, just trying to sell you something. Even bahama Llama Remy bailed after doing a few videos for them. He pretty much said he wasn't happy making video content trying to sell something. That's all the brs conglomerate has become. That's why I as many have taken most of my business elsewhere.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I’m new, I’ve been watching this guy. I think he’s with BRS. He has a lot of good info.

I've found that books actually have better information. Something about that smell of paper, drinking some wine, and turning a page or two. I don't know. That is how I've been doing it since 1999.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He always seemed to be hanging on every word Ryan said. Almost to the point of groveling. As I said, the videos 2 of them did together were much more interesting and useful imho than the ones Ryan did by himself. Their channels are nothing more than infomercials, no useful info anymore, just trying to sell you something. Even bahama Llama Remy bailed after doing a few videos for them. He pretty much said he wasn't happy making video content trying to sell something. That's all the brs conglomerate has become. That's why I as many have taken most of my business elsewhere.
Thanks, I was just wondering if we agreed on how Randy was with Ryan.
I didn’t think he hung on his every word, I just thought Randy would loose his train of thought, going off on tangents and never end up making his point, you could see in Ryan’s face he was praying Randy would just just get there already.

I really liked Randy shame he left, but yeah I agree with all your other points, I stopped watching long ago, those info commercials are terrible, sorry but the guy that does them is not great either.

Last edited:

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched the first videos in the BRS biome series yesterday, which I think look promising. I think this is an important topic in progressing the hobby, and it looks like a significant investment in time and effort (setup and maintain 12 tanks for almost a year) without a huge direct commercial upside. Maybe they will sell a couple of bags of ocean direct sand or something, but it does not seem like they will be pushing any expensive new equipment etc. Hopefully as the rest of the series is released there will be helpful pathways shown for starting up new tanks.
Just wait for the "biome dosing kits" to appear. This seems to be their MO the last few years and it's getting more obvious... Push a revolutionary new method complete with expensive supplements and products.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found that books actually have better information. Something about that smell of paper, drinking some wine, and turning a page or two. I don't know. That is how I've been doing it since 1999.
I totally agree, partially, if that makes sense. There’s a lot to be learned from books and they have a ton of information that s reliable, verified and cited. The downer is, it’s all very outdated. No one has printed anything with up to date content that I am aware of.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure - I have a bunch of books I bought in the early 90's pertaining to fish and reef keeping. Haven't touched one since Al Gore started the internet. Are you kidding, books give me a headache and most are old info. So much great info on the internet now so no need for books. I enjoyed a lot of BRS videos but the selling got to be too much especially when they threw away their credibility with the SKY videos.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I’m new, I’ve been watching this guy. I think he’s with BRS. He has a lot of good info.
I think they have partnered up. I see him on the BRS channel now to as the main host for most of the new videos. His videos are still good, but they are generally focused on more light/simple topics - or otherwise less about testing and experimenting which I always thought were the most entertaining BRS videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back