OP
OP
sixline

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

One year later. Same part of the tank as the opening video. Eradicated all of the aipstia somehow.

Not sure what worked. The berghia were taking absolutely forever so I abandoned that plan. I got a filefish and started to use f-aptasia pretty heavily. I know I didn't get everything with the f-aptasia, but I've seen absolutely zero aptasia for several months now. Either some berghia finished them off or the filefish did. However, I've never seen the filefish show any interest in them, and I didn't see a bunch of berghia looking for food after the aptasia were gone so I'm guessing they died off.

But the good news is that I'm aptasia free.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this out. 100 gallon high nutrient tank. This is just part of the tank giving an example of how densely they are covering everything.

I added 16 berghia nudibranch on April 18th, and another 19 on August 5th.

As I said it's a messy tank. I've got five engineer gobies, so they stir up a lot of detritus on a regular basis. The tank is not really stocked that heavily and I don't feed heavily, but I probably under skim a bit. I am planning on upgrading my skimmer in the next couple of weeks.

Stay tuned...

CBB heaven :D

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice story and ending. Yea for every aptaisia you see there are two more hiding in the rocks. Berghia's will eat those first. That is why at first you think they died or they are not working. The quickest way is to paste the ones you can see, and the berghia's will take care of the ones you can't

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my local stores has 1000g dt in the front and honestly without pictures you wouldn't even believe the mojano infestation.

The funny part is it actually fills copious amounts of space and dare I say.. works.. for that particular tank. I'll have to update this with photos. There are even clowns being hosted by the mojano they're that big.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
For this type of infestation- A Kleine Butterfly will do wonders. IT MUST BE THE BLUE HEAD KLEINI as the yellow one will go after soft coral when aptasia is gone.
I had similar and the Kleini cleaned it up in 6 days. They are colorful, friendly and eat all dry and frozen foods.
AGAIN: Must be the blue head one. I have one in each tank and NO issues.

1633795921946.png

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp will eat berghia faster than anything. So they probably feasted on the berghia and then the aptasia.
My peppermint shrimp died off before the Berghia nudibranch, they didn't get too big and my emerald crabs found them, lol

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 202 70.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back