Soft corals die slow

  • Thread starter Thread starter AcroCrush
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AcroCrush

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2018
Messages
43
Reaction score
38
Location
Jacksonville, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a fan of LPS and SPS but I have and like some soft corals, Palys, Zoas, Mushrooms..... Strange thing for me is that all new soft corals just wither and vanish in all three of my tanks. This does not happen fast either. It takes months but they get small and then nothing. LPS and SPS thrive and are doing great; Zoas I have never been able to keep and established soft corals (GSP, Mushroom, Palys) are doing well.

What Zoa and in general softy secret am I missing?

I do run an activated carbon reactor.

Added to the too clean comment: .05 PO4, 15-20 NO3, 10 P
The PO4 and P are from the last Triton ICP test and the NO3 is from my last home test.
Should I be feeding them? If that is what you are saying.
 
Last edited:
I have the same issue with zoas, and mushrooms disappearing so always stuck to lps. Now getting into sps, but if water quality was too clean wouldnt that effect sps even more since they tend to be more sensitive?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new