Sold as Rose BTA

ReefLife_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a lot of people don’t care about the crazy anemone names but I’m just curious what people think about this anemone. I’m guessing this rose bubble is more of the rainbow variety but do they typically have this green marbling on their body? I know some of the crazy expensive CSBs have marbling on their foot but does it go up the body too? Most of the anemones I see on here are fully opened and you can’t really see the external tissue of their “column” (not sure what the technical term is). I’m more curious than anything. Anyone else have some of this color on their nem?

FA000234-400E-4385-AFC5-3BD5987B4B3E.jpeg

F7FB8E07-5834-4347-9021-03EF995F905A.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a lot of people don’t care about the crazy anemone names but I’m just curious what people think about this anemone. I’m guessing this rose bubble is more of the rainbow variety but do they typically have this green marbling on their body? I know some of the crazy expensive CSBs have marbling on their foot but does it go up the body too? Most of the anemones I see on here are fully opened and you can’t really see the external tissue of their “column” (not sure what the technical term is). I’m more curious than anything. Anyone else have some of this color on their nem?

FA000234-400E-4385-AFC5-3BD5987B4B3E.jpeg

F7FB8E07-5834-4347-9021-03EF995F905A.jpeg
Some of my RBTA have this on their column, but to me they are just regular RBTA. I have had the strain for many years and there was never a name given to them. (R in RBTA is for rainbow, not rose. I call roses, roses lol)

Ones I have that I know are actual "Rose" do have a bit more and it also "shines" a bit more on them.

But back to the main ask. I believe what you have is a very pretty RBTA. It has a little to much color outside of the red that leads me to think this. Well, at least from what a rose used to be considered lol.

OP
OP
ReefLife_Guy

ReefLife_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of my RBTA have this on their column, but to me they are just regular RBTA. I have had the strain for many years and there was never a name given to them. (R in RBTA is for rainbow, not rose. I call roses, roses lol)

Ones I have that I know are actual "Rose" do have a bit more and it also "shines" a bit more on them.

But back to the main ask. I believe what you have is a very pretty RBTA. It has a little to much color outside of the red that leads me to think this. Well, at least from what a rose used to be considered lol.

Yeah I assume anything with green is not a “rose” bubble but I guess there is not good characterization of the color morphs. It would be nice if someone could write an article on it. I assume there is some genetic variation between the different colored bubble tips which would make sense with the different experience people have with different morphs and how they behave.

Whatever this is has awesome coloration, so I’m happy either way.
2E2CCD12-EF1D-4663-AAA1-32C0C02502E9.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I assume anything with green is not a “rose” bubble but I guess there is not good characterization of the color morphs. It would be nice if someone could write an article on it. I assume there is some genetic variation between the different colored bubble tips which would make sense with the different experience people have with different morphs and how they behave.

Whatever this is has awesome coloration, so I’m happy either way.
2E2CCD12-EF1D-4663-AAA1-32C0C02502E9.jpeg
Don’t get me started on all of them being classified as quadricolor. Ask @fishguy242 about it, as he has heard the rant in posts and in person lol.

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m biased. While my clowns love BTAs, I hate them. Mine split every 30-60 days and force me to do removal and making a trip to the LFS for donation. Regardless of the name, I label all BTAs as pests.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m biased. While my clowns love BTAs, I hate them. Mine split every 30-60 days and force me to do removal and making a trip to the LFS for donation. Regardless of the name, I label all BTAs as pests.
Sounds like you need a nem cannon ready and waiting.

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Donate them to me :face-with-tears-of-joy: I love them!

You pay shipping and you can have them all. I donated the last 20 to my LFS. I’ve got about a half dozen of them that I need to blast with a powerhead to get them to release from the rock and coral and you can have them. I’ll PM you when I have them in the frag tank.

OP
OP
ReefLife_Guy

ReefLife_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You pay shipping and you can have them all. I donated the last 20 to my LFS. I’ve got about a half dozen of them that I need to blast with a powerhead to get them to release from the rock and coral and you can have them. I’ll PM you when I have them in the frag tank.
What kind of bubble tip fertilizer are you feeding them? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

jrmrleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
If u end up needing to dump off anymore of your nems I would be more than grateful if you could help a chick on and let me adopt them, course I would pay for shipping, I’m located in Kentucky.
Im trying to put together a Nem only tank, but it’s a lil hard to do when so many people are wanting to sell them for a finger and a toe lol
Thank you.

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
If u end up needing to dump off anymore of your nems I would be more than grateful if you could help a chick on and let me adopt them, course I would pay for shipping, I’m located in Kentucky.
Im trying to put together a Nem only tank, but it’s a lil hard to do when so many people are wanting to sell them for a finger and a toe lol
Thank you.

You got it. I have at least 6 that I'm going to be removing from my tank as soon as I get the time. I'll drop them in my frag tank once I get them removed and send you a direct message to discuss details.

Back