Sold off the bmw

garra671

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Welp my bmw decided to take an electrical dump on my wallet and I decided the car wasn't worth the price of the repair and I honestly was at my wits end with how expensive the car was to maintain. I sold the car off and decided to go less luxury and more sporty and in contact with the road. Honda S2000.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BMW "tax" is annoying. dollar for dollar the parts are the same.

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I had z 4 roadster got probably the same electric problem I sold it to lol

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my 328d. I'm on my third BMW. I always trade them in saying the same thing but within a year I'm regretting my decision. Nothing in my book drives like a BMW. I only go CPO on mine. My 328d was a CPO elite and I'm covered until mid 2019 for major repairs and thru mid 2018 on maintenance. Only thing I don't like now is they only do what the computer says to be done when you take it in for maintenance. I took mine in back in December because it said it was due for an oil change. The guy actually acted mad because I was around 1000 miles over when it said to bring it in. When I asked them to check a couple of things for maintenance they said they would only do what the onboard computer said to do. I think BMW will only reimburse for those items now. When I had my 325i they would practically take the thing apart looking for things to fix. I will say I'm very impressed with my 328d. I traded in my maxima for it because I was tired of getting 18mpg in it. I've gotten close to 50mpg in the BMW on the highway. It is nice filling up every 3 weeks instead of weekly.

Now if my wife will just win the lottery so I can get that Alpina Z8 I so desperately want!

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now you'll have more money for coral lol.

Or more money for performance parts! Maybe a set of Volks or Works for that thing, coilovers, exhaust... done!

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2004 Audi TT...4 turbo convertable...went all through Ontario a couple of years ago with my wife..."road trip"...by the way, what does this have to do with reefs?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2004 Audi TT...4 turbo convertable...went all through Ontario a couple of years ago with my wife..."road trip"...by the way, what does this have to do with reefs?
gas + maint saving =more money for corals

OP
OP
garra671

garra671

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or more money for performance parts! Maybe a set of Volks or Works for that thing, coilovers, exhaust... done!

The guy I got it from already got it lowered and put into a staggered position (can't remember name of coilovers) im gonna do the headers, catback exhaust with a test pipe once I take it to get smogged, put a hard top on it. And I'm waiting on Amazon to ship me what I need to install an auxiallry so I can listen to not radio ****** music. All that together was gonna cost me less than my bmw to fix the electrical issue

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely nothing....that is why it is in the Lounge ;)

ReeferBob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good call! BMW is one of the most overpriced cars on the highway. My parents are in the market and the local dealer has a "special" on leftover 2015 BMWs (surprise, surprise, they have a bunch of leftovers) for around $8k off sticker. It still makes the 3 series around $40k. I told them the 3 series was a tiny compact car but they wanted to try anyway. They came back agreeing what a total ripoff $40k for a compact car. They also did not like the little tiny engine that sounded like a toy. The interior they said was cheap too. The 5 series is larger but so overpriced that it is ridiculous.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back