Some Anemones that have come through the store I work at. Thoughts?

Steve and his Animals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Like the title said. These nems have since sold but I was curious to know what they were. Camera didn't like the blue lights but the first one was a very fluorescent green while the second was a sort of banded tan color. I'm guessing they were carpet relatives but didn't have nearly as strong a sting as, say a Haddon's or other large species.

IMG_0921.JPG IMG_0843.JPG

Uncle_Matthew

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
bigger one looks like could be a Condy or a long tip fact that a fish is hiding in it points me more towards the latter as condys are hard for fish to host not 100 percent sure though second one is a bubble tip mine presents very similar

OP
Steve and his Animals

Steve and his Animals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I considered it was maybe a long tentacle but the distribution/short length of the tentacles and the orientation of the disc told me otherwise. The tentacles were only about an inch and half at their longest, looked more like a carpet relative to me.

The one you called a bubble tip I don't really see it since it showed neither bubbles nor the longer/thin tentacles I typically see them exhibiting. They were very stout and basically tan; there's a rose bubble right next to it for comparison. There's condylactis in that tank, and it very clearly was not one of those.

When is the last time you purchased cleanup crew critters?

• Past few days

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Past few weeks

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • Past few months

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • Over a half a year

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • Over a year ago

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
Subscribe to ReefStache so you don't miss out!