Some of my Acro Collection

Baby_Shark

King of shark week!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would someone kindly post the amounts they add to their culture tub? I have most of the ingredients just want a rough amount to add. I will make 500ml with mb7, reef roids, vinegar or no pox and amino for my 150g. Thanks in advance
I believe you base the amounts on your tank size. Follow the instructions on each additive. Some people add more of certain things then others, just tweak it as you go as there is no one size fits all for this.

yabani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@coral reeftank I am not using the concotion of your method. But I think what I use is almost the same. I am a modern reef system user and with the system there are 2 types of liquids you have to dose daily. One is Modern Reef Polypop and the other is Modern Reef Complete Reef Food. Well, maybe you have the chance to read about that stuff.
In Kuwait, I have redsea S-1000G2+ (210 Gallons/
@coral reeftank I am not using the concotion of your method. But I think what I use is almost the same. I am a modern reef system user and with the system there are 2 types of liquids you have to dose daily. One is Modern Reef Polypop and the other is Modern Reef Complete Reef Food. Well, maybe you have the chance to read about that stuff.

yabani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Kuwait, I have redsea S-1000G2+ (210 Gallons) saltwater fish only tank. The tank is exactly 3 months old. I have a mix of chromis fish, gobies, and a blenny with one sea-hare and a Star fish plus a few others. During my visit to Dubai, in a fish store, he sold me three bottles: Modern Reef complete Reef Food, Modern Reef Polypop each 250 ml, plus one 1Litre Modrn Reef BIODiversity.

Any tips on how to use them? when to use them?

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Kuwait, I have redsea S-1000G2+ (210 Gallons) saltwater fish only tank. The tank is exactly 3 months old. I have a mix of chromis fish, gobies, and a blenny with one sea-hare and a Star fish plus a few others. During my visit to Dubai, in a fish store, he sold me three bottles: Modern Reef complete Reef Food, Modern Reef Polypop each 250 ml, plus one 1Litre Modrn Reef BIODiversity.

Any tips on how to use them? when to use them?

Yes its easy..
But you really dont need this stuff in a fish only tank my friend.

With corals I use polypop and complete reef food daily. Just have a look at the homepage of modern reef, they explain it quite easy.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@coral reeftank have you noticed a ph spike after feeding? I’ve noticed this trend on my tank lately after feeding the concoction for a hour my ph spikes +1 point or more.. typically my tank runs around 8.1 but after feeding the acros for a hour my ph jumps to 8.2+ it’s weird… it just started doing this the last couple weeks… not sure if the acros are exhausting that much co2 while feeding or it’s interference with my Neptune ph probe… it’s just bacteria and aminos with food lol..

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@coral reeftank have you noticed a ph spike after feeding? I’ve noticed this trend on my tank lately after feeding the concoction for a hour my ph spikes +1 point or more.. typically my tank runs around 8.1 but after feeding the acros for a hour my ph jumps to 8.2+ it’s weird… it just started doing this the last couple weeks… not sure if the acros are exhausting that much co2 while feeding or it’s interference with my Neptune ph probe… it’s just bacteria and aminos with food lol..
Would expect it to go down, that is weird

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The zeozym raises ph. I’ve also noticed that the longer I do this my avg pH has increased

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still trying to work out how much of each I need, I was hoping people would put a baseline amount of each part ie Reefroids etc as a help.
You put each product's recommended dose based on your tank size. 500ml of water is plenty for a batch.

badIuck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could we maybe use yeast as enzymes?

I think I will cook something up with what I have at home.

Enymes:
Yeast

Bacteria:
FM rebiotic
FM bacto therapy
Easylife Easystart

Food:
Reefroids
Nyos instant plankton
Nyos absolute aminos
Nyos coral nectar

Carbon:
Nyos Zero

Last edited:

davidwillis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find any specific ingredients to the concoction v1 v2 or any other, so this is what I just mixed up (what I had on hand).

Rebiotic
clean
mb7
reefroids
vinegar

I will shake it up every few hours, and add the first dose tomorrow (after about 12 hours).

Stephers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my PC rainbow that was stalled for months. Not the best pictures, but this is a 3 week difference. Crazy.

Attachments

• InCollage_20240402_204634417.jpg
    InCollage_20240402_204634417.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 100

pfoxgrover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find any specific ingredients to the concoction v1 v2 or any other, so this is what I just mixed up (what I had on hand).

Rebiotic
clean
mb7
reefroids
vinegar

I will shake it up every few hours, and add the first dose tomorrow (after about 12 hours).
this is for version 2 but has more info on the ingredients. I would consider adding the zeozym and calcium carbonate to you list.

pfoxgrover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could we maybe use yeast as enzymes?

I think I will cook something up with what I have at home.

Enymes:
Yeast

Bacteria:
FM rebiotic
FM bacto therapy
Easylife Easystart

Food:
Reefroids
Nyos instant plankton
Nyos absolute aminos
Nyos coral nectar

Carbon:
Nyos Zero
I am no expert but I would be surprized if yeast will work like zeozym. Not that I know what's in zeozym.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am no expert but I would be surprized if yeast will work like zeozym. Not that I know what's in zeozym.
Not sure yeast will do anything.. I know vivid aquariums dosed it one time to kill diatoms.. it was a very small amount for 800 gallons of water. I really don’t know what effect it would have with live bacteria

davidwillis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is for version 2 but has more info on the ingredients. I would consider adding the zeozym and calcium carbonate to you list.

Thanks for that information. I don't have Zeozyme, but will order some. I also don't have calcium carbonate (isn't that rock?), and I am not seeing where to get it. It does not seem to be a common additive.

pfoxgrover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that information. I don't have Zeozyme, but will order some. I also don't have calcium carbonate (isn't that rock?), and I am not seeing where to get it. It does not seem to be a common additive.
You can male your own calcium carbonate by mixing liquid 2 part (calcium chloride and sodium bicarbonate) together and it will precipitate out or you can order it as a powder on Amazon or ebay. It just serves as a flockulant to spread the batch around the tank but can make the water clear after it settles or filters out of the tank.

badIuck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have my mix sitting at room temperature for 11 hours and the sediment is used up about 80%...this was 1/4 teaspoon of yeast on 700ml, maybe I should try more next time:
fresh saltwater650ml
FM Rebiotic1tsp
FM Bacto Therapy9ml
Nyos Absolute Aminos3 drops
Nyos Coral Nectar3 drops
Nyos Instant Plankton3 dosing spoons
Reefroids1/4 tsp
Nyos Zero2ml
Easy Life Starter bacteria60ml
bakers yeast1/4 tsp

All of the dosing amounts are half of the recommended for my tank max, most are less.
Planning to dose 150ml every 2nd day in my 160g which houses about 30 mid sized frags 5 mid size colonies and a Magnifica Nem. Hope that's going slow enough, will keep nutrients in check.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 71 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back