Some of my Acro Collection

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@coral reeftank or anyone else I'm curious is there a TLDR breakdown of the V1 vs V2 vs V3? For instance, I'm assuming in all 3 you mix together these 5 things:
  • Bacteria
  • Particulate Food
  • Carbon Source
  • Trace Elements
  • Zeozym
Is the only difference in the way you incubate the materials together? Is there a breakdown of these instructions that I'm missing? Is one version "better" or stable for longer are should all of these be used within a week?

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@coral reeftank or anyone else I'm curious is there a TLDR breakdown of the V1 vs V2 vs V3? For instance, I'm assuming in all 3 you mix together these 5 things:
  • Bacteria
  • Particulate Food
  • Carbon Source
  • Trace Elements
  • Zeozym
Is the only difference in the way you incubate the materials together? Is there a breakdown of these instructions that I'm missing? Is one version "better" or stable for longer are should all of these be used within a week?
Would also like to know if there are some staple ingredients that are preferred, aside from just Zeozym. Also, is it multiple brands of bacteria being mixed together?

Baby_Shark

King of shark week!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would also like to know if there are some staple ingredients that are preferred, aside from just Zeozym. Also, is it multiple brands of bacteria being mixed together?
Didnt know you where doing this method! Currently i mix aquaforest S and F with zeobak. Its been working pretty well.

IMG_7215.jpeg

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  • Bacteria
  • Particulate Food
  • Carbon Source
  • Trace Elements
  • Zeozym
Those are the general components to each version.
V1: sterilize, mix ingredients, seal container, no aeration, use within 5 days, toss if smell is rancid/undesirable growth
V2: sterilize, mix ingredients, seal container, add aeration, use within 5 days, toss if smell is rancid/undesirable growth
These are my general guidelines

V3: Still under experimentation, has been shelf stable for over 1 month
V1 and V2 are not shelf stable, V3 should address this by implementing different techniques.
As a result of these changes, V3 is an extremely concentrated. I currently use 1 gram/ 100 gallons/ per day. I dilute in tank water and broad cast feed.
I am looking to fundraise and begin beta testing V3. I've shifted away from many of the commercial brands and have curated my own mix. So far my results have been very promising, from the samples I issued, users have reported back positive results: increased water clarity, increased coral growth and coloration, decreased slimes (cyano)
These initial findings have provided me with additional motivation to dive deeper, hopefully soon I can kick things off over here.
Many commercial products are kind of redundant, and I use a blend of bacteria.

Curiousbranching

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geeeesh! What bacteria did you use?
For 500ml CRT's concoction V2:
2 drops of soha marine probios (halophilic bacteria)
2 drops of soha marine biolife+ (polyme liquid carbon source)
1 drop of Vitamins complex
5 grams of calcium carbonate
~500ml fresh saltmix water 33ppt
Aerate for 8 hours

runetspike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we all talk about the increased temperature, but we have not come to a common conclusion. For greater bacterial growth and the optimal temperature for the starter is 30-40 degrees Celsius ?

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are the general components to each version.
V1: sterilize, mix ingredients, seal container, no aeration, use within 5 days, toss if smell is rancid/undesirable growth
V2: sterilize, mix ingredients, seal container, add aeration, use within 5 days, toss if smell is rancid/undesirable growth
These are my general guidelines

V3: Still under experimentation, has been shelf stable for over 1 month
V1 and V2 are not shelf stable, V3 should address this by implementing different techniques.
As a result of these changes, V3 is an extremely concentrated. I currently use 1 gram/ 100 gallons/ per day. I dilute in tank water and broad cast feed.
I am looking to fundraise and begin beta testing V3. I've shifted away from many of the commercial brands and have curated my own mix. So far my results have been very promising, from the samples I issued, users have reported back positive results: increased water clarity, increased coral growth and coloration, decreased slimes (cyano)
These initial findings have provided me with additional motivation to dive deeper, hopefully soon I can kick things off over here.

Many commercial products are kind of redundant, and I use a blend of bacteria.
Thank you for the breakdown. Is an increased temperature being used in all versions?

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Allan mentioned, temperature matters. I did 2 different batches with one at 74F and one at 90F. The difference is huge. The batch at 90F had maybe 1000x the activity.

This will take further testing but the batch at 74F had a mix similar to my first ever batch with multiple bottled bacterias yet did not yield much more activity than you would find fresh out of a single bottle of bac.

The one at 90F had Aquaforest pro bio S and Prodibio Biodigest as the main bacterias added. The remaining ingredients consisted of a pinch of zeozym, calcium carbonate, coral sprint, min S, 1ml of aquavitro fuel, and a few drops of TM elimi NP. I am trying to make more a bacteria shot to fight dinos more than a feed but it worked regardless. Dino testing is still ongoing :(

I got a coffee mug warmer to keep the concoction to temperature. I used a coaster to try and keep it less than 100F and luckily it landed at 90F steady for 8 hours.
1710981986741_100.JPG

Here is what the results looked like under the scope:
74F

90F

Look back at this post here. I did the test between room temperature and one made at 90F. The difference is huge.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look back at this post here. I did the test between room temperature and one made at 90F. The difference is huge.
Very cool. How have the corals responded to the 90 degree batch? Any luck with the dinos?

I think my biggest concern if I try this is will my nutrients tank from the bacteria. I already have a tougher time keeping them up.

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool. How have the corals responded to the 90 degree batch? Any luck with the dinos?

I think my biggest concern if I try this is will my nutrients tank from the bacteria. I already have a tougher time keeping them up.
You can counteract this by adding more feeds to your mix, this should help keep nutrients up

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put in an order for zeozym and NP pro along with an air pump. I have reef roids and zeobak on hand so I'll mess around a bit.

@Moe K what coffee cup warmer are you using I'm curious? Do you think it's safe to run 24/7?

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Still fighting the dinos. LCA in the sand. I think the zeozym and aminos in the concoction fuel them. I tried a recipe with only calcium carbonate, small amount of coral food, small amount of carbon source and bacteria. It seemed to not increase the dinos with a simplified concoction but it was nowhere near as potent in activity.
I have not had any issues with my nutrients. They actually seem to stay stable in my tank no matter what I do.

Put in an order for zeozym and NP pro along with an air pump. I have reef roids and zeobak on hand so I'll mess around a bit.

@Moe K what coffee cup warmer are you using I'm curious? Do you think it's safe to run 24/7?
I use this one pictured below. It works perfectly for this job. It has timers for up to 12 hours and will auto shut off.
1712532004545.png

Reniva Ma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I noticed something. A ph drop from when I started using the concoction. My theory is that the corals have become less reliant on photosynthesis and are therefore using up less co2 causing ph to drop. Another thing that supports this is that my nightly lows are the same but the highs are not as high. The ph probe wasn’t calibrated and that massive increase is when I did but I believe the general range was still correct relative to the drops and and increases. Has anyone else experienced this?

Attachments

• C57A0F5A-462C-4FE9-8041-C1CAF2135E23.png
    C57A0F5A-462C-4FE9-8041-C1CAF2135E23.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 2C757A4F-71B3-435A-B3DD-1555928B7C83.png
    2C757A4F-71B3-435A-B3DD-1555928B7C83.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 16

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I noticed something. A ph drop from when I started using the concoction. My theory is that the corals have become less reliant on photosynthesis and are therefore using up less co2 causing ph to drop. Another thing that supports this is that my nightly lows are the same but the highs are not as high. The ph probe wasn’t calibrated and that massive increase is when I did but I believe the general range was still correct relative to the drops and and increases. Has anyone else experienced this?
The only reason I haven’t tried the concoction yet is because whenever I dose bacteria normally, as stated on the directions, my PH drops and my PH is low to begin with. I don’t know the science behind it, but I think the bacteria consumes the oxygen which can lower PH…or something like that.

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
incredible approach to acropora feeding.
Congrats.

Tried to gather an easy recipe to try on Europe with zeo products, tropic marine, Fritz, prodibio, etc...

Can anyone help?

Thanks , and again , congrats, I'm sure this is the way.

Dorsetsteve

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve made a batch of V1 method, this is maturing in my sump cabinet.

250ml of salt water
1/2 tea spoon of Bennepets
2 drops of Zeobak
2ml of amino acid
0.5ml Bacto Balance
5ml diy coral snow

System volume of ~190l after displacement. How much would be a sensible first dose?

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve made a batch of V1 method, this is maturing in my sump cabinet.

250ml of salt water
1/2 tea spoon of Bennepets
2 drops of Zeobak
2ml of amino acid
0.5ml Bacto Balance
5ml diy coral snow

System volume of ~190l after displacement. How much would be a sensible first dose?
You can probably dose around .25 ml per gallon, I’ve gone up to 3 mls per gallon but I recommend you take it very slow to begin.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back