Some of my Acro Collection

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@coral reeftank I am not using the concotion of your method. But I think what I use is almost the same. I am a modern reef system user and with the system there are 2 types of liquids you have to dose daily. One is Modern Reef Polypop and the other is Modern Reef Complete Reef Food. Well, maybe you have the chance to read about that stuff.

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@coral reeftank I am not using the concotion of your method. But I think what I use is almost the same. I am a modern reef system user and with the system there are 2 types of liquids you have to dose daily. One is Modern Reef Polypop and the other is Modern Reef Complete Reef Food. Well, maybe you have the chance to read about that stuff.
I’ll check it out!

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw your podcast with Adam. Awesome man! I I'm curious about your feeding method. I have a 90 gallon mixed reef. In your opinion do you think I have enough corals to use your method? I'll post some pics. I have one more question. I tend to get cyano and dinoflagellates sometimes. I use chemiclean for cyano. I know I have damaged my microbome. If I start using your method will it help add biodiversity quickly to repair the damage I've done with chemiclean? What bacteria do you recommend to repair the effects of chemiclean?
Not to speak for @coral reeftank, but I've been taking cues from him and @Perry. I had cyano, treated with Chemiclean and it worked... then dino's hit hard a few days later. I treated with DINO X for a month which halted the dinos, but didn't kill them off entirely. To "fix" the biological mess I've been using variations of their bacterial solutions for a few months and in my experience, it has been a positive. It probably won't cure a dino outbreak, but it may go a long way in preventing one.

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to speak for @coral reeftank, but I've been taking cues from him and @Perry. I had cyano, treated with Chemiclean and it worked... then dino's hit hard a few days later. I treated with DINO X for a month which halted the dinos, but didn't kill them off entirely. To "fix" the biological mess I've been using variations of their bacterial solutions for a few months and in my experience, it has been a positive. It probably won't cure a dino outbreak, but it may go a long way in preventing one.
I've never used dino x. I did buy it but never used it. I've heard that dinox has a bad effect on sps . Some people have experienced RTN with using that product. I usually fight dinos with a bunch of microbacter 7 and live phytoplankton. I put my raidons on acclamation mode and turn on the UV. It will be months before I repair the damage I've done but I had to do something about that cyano. I always seem to get cyano in the late summer early fall. I just ordered that fauna marin rebiotic. It will arrive on Monday. I hope it gets here in time before I get hit hard with dinos

Tjm23slo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested in the concoction. Mine is more for the bacteria cocktail. You mentioned in the podcast that you had some issues with cyano when you stopped. If you were away for 2 weeks would you consider cutting back before you left? I’m just going to auto feed pellets for my travel time.

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m interested in the concoction. Mine is more for the bacteria cocktail. You mentioned in the podcast that you had some issues with cyano when you stopped. If you were away for 2 weeks would you consider cutting back before you left? I’m just going to auto feed pellets for my travel time.
It was a small patch, I think the cyano coincided with a seasonal change.
If I were going on vacation I would keep the same feeding schedule, but I think that decision is best left up for you to decide since you have a better understanding of your system’s nutrient demands. I wouldn’t feed my dog less if I were going on vacation, I don’t think your system would appreciate it either if you limited the food intake. It may lead to malnourishment.

Tjm23slo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a small patch, I think the cyano coincided with a seasonal change.
If I were going on vacation I would keep the same feeding schedule, but I think that decision is best left up for you to decide since you have a better understanding of your system’s nutrient demands. I wouldn’t feed my dog less if I were going on vacation, I don’t think your system would appreciate it either if you limited the food intake. It may lead to malnourishment.
well all I can say is that I mixed i200ml tank water with the prebiotic, zeozym, zeobak, small amount of benepets, 1ml vodka, 10ml RS reef energy, just as a starter as my nutrients are already 64/above 200(phosphorus) . Mixed is up in a sealed container in refrigerator for 15 hours. Shook it up, added 100ml into 215g of wv.

Holy crap, I dosed this morning, 9:30 @lights on. 2:15 minutes later, I’ve never had this clear of water. I’ll test the water later for nutrient levels, but holy schnikies water clarity allow is worth the effort.

I’m interested to see how the Goniapora respond over time, how my amazing crop of aptasia grow or reduce and how the acros response. The acros have been through hell with AEFW, Aptasia bloom, and some general poor husbandry with travel schedule.

I wonder how this bacterial concoction would work if I dosed in return chamber, maybe a bad idea, but maybe a hack to keep it more clean

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well all I can say is that I mixed i200ml tank water with the prebiotic, zeozym, zeobak, small amount of benepets, 1ml vodka, 10ml RS reef energy, just as a starter as my nutrients are already 64/above 200(phosphorus) . Mixed is up in a sealed container in refrigerator for 15 hours. Shook it up, added 100ml into 215g of wv.

Holy crap, I dosed this morning, 9:30 @lights on. 2:15 minutes later, I’ve never had this clear of water. I’ll test the water later for nutrient levels, but holy schnikies water clarity allow is worth the effort.

I’m interested to see how the Goniapora respond over time, how my amazing crop of aptasia grow or reduce and how the acros response. The acros have been through hell with AEFW, Aptasia bloom, and some general poor husbandry with travel schedule.

I wonder how this bacterial concoction would work if I dosed in return chamber, maybe a bad idea, but maybe a hack to keep it more clean
This mix will feed a lot, all your corals and aptasia. I’d recommend that you work on controlling the aptasia population so that they do not explode.

Dr4gula.f32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a few of your corals on pedastals. I understand the why, it keeps the coral from encrusting, and rather grow more branches.

I didn't use pedastals for mine. I do see they are slightly encrusting a base. How bad of a mix up is this for mine?

Sorry if this question is offhanded for this kind of thread. I saw the pics and it reminded me

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I noticed a few of your corals on pedastals. I understand the why, it keeps the coral from encrusting, and rather grow more branches.

I didn't use pedastals for mine. I do see they are slightly encrusting a base. How bad of a mix up is this for mine?

Sorry if this question is offhanded for this kind of thread. I saw the pics and it reminded me
I don’t think that it’s a big issue. Just personal preference

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
_DSC8854-2.JPG

TGC Crazy Eyes

_DSC8847.JPG

CRT Trump Card

_DSC8845-2.JPG

RTE 66 Merlin's Staff

_DSC8837.JPG

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euphyllia bug bit me again, so it's time to go hunting!

_DSC8874.JPG

_DSC8876.JPG

_DSC8878.JPG
Stunning as usual! Just picked up this guy from Top Shelf Aquatics. The more blue light the more yellow it gets. Wish I could find a pure yellow hammer that wasn't a wall type though.

What's the very bottom orangeish one?

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some sweet pieces in the grow out!

_DSC8911.JPG

RRC Avengers, been wanting this one since 2012! Can't wait for this one to grow out

_DSC8913-2.JPG

Chummingham's Reef The Great White Buffalo

_DSC8915.JPG

Ari's Avalanche, another sweet smoothie!
Big fan of all 3 of these corals. Looking forward to seeing you grow then out. Lookin good!

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
_DSC8923.JPG

CRT Toxic Lemonade yellow as ever! It's cool to see how the transition of the bright white new growth and the mature yellow coloration

_DSC8931-3.JPG

CRT Star Lite nice and fuzzy

_DSC8933-2.JPG

JF Sunday Driver, getting a lot of growth out of this guy now

_DSC8935-2.JPG

CRT Insidious, finally puddling out again! Can't wait to grow this one back into a colony. Does anyone have a picture of pieces they got from me?

Back