Some of my Acro Collection

Curiousbranching

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been following your method for 2 months, the results are impressive. All sps significantly improved PE and color. I modified the recipe a bit by adding fresh phytoplankton, which completely eliminates the nutrient spike. I use it 3 times per week, instead of using RO, I use 10ml phyto/100L to create a solution.
_DSC6006.jpeg

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically I dose per instructions in regards to the bacteria, but this is due to my dense systems. I'd recommend anyone who is starting to start slow. If you feed heavy/have a higher biomass in your system you can do more, but this is on a case by case basis.

Awesome system! Keep me posted on how this works for you!

Yes, this concoction will result in a temporary spike in nutrients, but if done properly and paired with proper nutrient/export/biomass you'll see these values decrease back to baseline in a relatively short time. You can go back a few pages on this thread and read about how my nutrient fluctuations when I first started experimenting. If your nutrients become too high for your liking, you can reduce the proportion of food you add into the concoction as this nutrient influx is due to the food input. By reducing the food amount, you'll allow the bacteria to process more of the food.

Another note, I've found that if you leave the concoction out for 1+ days, you'll notice a film form on the surface, the sediment will also become stiffer. This is due to the bacterial biofilms. Be sure to give the concoction a shake to get all the bacteria suspended in the water column again. This method is a pretty nifty way to curate a live feed for your corals, and at the same time will help the nutrient processing in your system!
Whats the longest you've let it marinate lol ?

runetspike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been following your method for 2 months, the results are impressive. All sps significantly improved PE and color. I modified the recipe a bit by adding fresh phytoplankton, which completely eliminates the nutrient spike. I use it 3 times per week, instead of using RO, I use 10ml phyto/100L to create a solution.
_DSC6006.jpeg
Did you mean instead of changing the water?

Curiousbranching

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you mean instead of changing the water?
Add to this concoction
I’ve had handful of people reaching out to me in regards to my concoction.
This is what I landed on
E52BC8EA-3720-497F-9233-5273418B6680.jpeg

Again, I’d like to reiterate that people should not rush out and buy these products because I said so. You should assess your own systems needs and inhabitants before spending money on all these products. However, you your goals align with mine then this concoction may help you on your journey!

BTW, the podcast is now on youtube, you can check it out by clicking this link!

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
_DSC6006.jpeg
Heck yea! I’m glad to see that my method is working well for you! I’ve had a handful of folks report the same back to me, seems that the logic behind the method is relatively safe and sound. I’ve also been dosing phyto on the side.
Whats the longest you've let it marinate lol ?
I think 3 days, but at that point the smell was very very strong. I’m sure some have noticed the significant changes that occur within the concoction the longer you let it sit. Upon mixing the smell is relatively faint, after a few hours the smell becomes stronger, you can see films forming and changes to the sediment.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
_DSC8761.JPG

CRT Delight

_DSC8771.JPG

CRT Hang Over

_DSC8775.JPG

TGC Rainbow Ascension

The Delight is absolutely insane, it's so unique zooming in, wow!
The Ascension is really cool too, that toxic lime, with pinks and oranges, 8s unique, don't think I didn't spot that random branch, reversing the color scheme ;)

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried narrowing down the products in the marinade to try and find out if one or a few have more of a direct affect then the others? Or if specific ones are causing different reactions on their own

InfinitePolyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow the guidelines on the products, if this is your first foray into this type of dosing then you should start at half dose. Mix your ingredients and dilute with fresh saltwater, then let rest for 8 hours. After 8 hours you can use. Refrigerate what’s not used and finish within 3 days.

Monitor your system as you administer the concoction and make changes as necessary. This method is best applied in dense systems but you can tweak the ratios to fit your needs.

I can’t say how it’ll affect your system as all tanks are different and depending on the biomass within your system the dynamics will be different.
How long would you disable a protein skimmer or UV sterilizer after dosing? Thanks for sharing!

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw your podcast with Adam. Awesome man! I I'm curious about your feeding method. I have a 90 gallon mixed reef. In your opinion do you think I have enough corals to use your method? I'll post some pics. I have one more question. I tend to get cyano and dinoflagellates sometimes. I use chemiclean for cyano. I know I have damaged my microbome. If I start using your method will it help add biodiversity quickly to repair the damage I've done with chemiclean? What bacteria do you recommend to repair the effects of chemiclean?

Attachments

• 20231009_202414.jpg
    20231009_202414.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 97

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back