Sorry….it can be tough, I’ve been there…..hang in there and battle back

Darren

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's devastating, your collection was amazing. I'm sure it will be again with time. Hopefully you know the cause so you can attempt to avoid it in the future.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very sad day indeed! Hoping to see the devastating loss inspire you to move forward, stronger and wiser. Sometimes a step back allows a giant leap forward. Sadly, I too know the pain, you are not alone. My crash helped me to come back, stronger and more determined.
Cheers

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. Glad to see you're not giving up and that you will be rebuilding the collection. hope you were able to pinpoint the cause so you can make sure to avoid it.
Good luck with the rebuild.

SecondCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is devastating. I hope you eventually find the cause. Please let us know if you do. Good luck with the rebuild. There is always a chance to improve when starting anew. Look at the bright side?

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone for the kinds words, while I did lose a large portion of my collection I did not lose everything. This gives me an opportunity to recreate my collection and cherry pick even more stellar pieces to keep.

Now back to the regularly scheduled Eye Candy!

_DSC4894-2.JPG

TGC Bugatti

_DSC4898.JPG

TGC El Guapo

_DSC4901-2.JPG

RR CA Jaw Dropper

_DSC4904-2.JPG

RR Raven

From the depths of my vault here comes the most insane Tenuis that I've been able to get my hands on!
It's definitely not everyday that you stumble on a piece of this caliber, Bright yellow like a yellow tang with awesome orange corallites.

_DSC4896.JPG

_DSC4912-2.JPG

_DSC4914.JPG

_DSC4929-2.JPG

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, so sorry to hear about the crash. I can't imagine losing a tank like that. Your collection was truly spectacular.
Hopefully you had enough backups with friends that there were no total losses. What happened?

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you share what you think happened that caused the losses? That yellow tenuis is a beauty.
From what I can deduce I believe the crash was due to an error of my new digital refractometer. Essentially I think the tank’s salinity drifted with each water change and over time became too salty. I’ve since corrected this issue and I’ve gotten things back under control.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back