Something gross in my overflow chambers

mdpitts

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2023
Messages
470
Reaction score
422
Location
Austin, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed something that looked like snail eggs in my overflow chamber last week when I did a water change. I scraped it off and wouldn’t ya know I have at least 10 in all 3 chambers of my Evo 13.5. At first it reminded me of the ramshorn snail egg sacks in my freshwater but on closer inspection it almost looks like it has little point on the surface of it like hair follicles. I don’t like it. It’s kind of flesh colored. The biggest is almost the size of a dime. The back chambers butt right up against a wall and it was super hard to get a picture but I’ve included a couple.

Since it’s getting more abundant I’m hoping it isn’t an invasive ick.

IMG_2741.png IMG_2742.png
 
Probably a sponge. Good things.
I wonder if there is a sponge id chart. The last thing I asked about was a white stringy looking blob and that was a sponge. They are like aliens and could look like a zillion different things I guess.
 
I have blue, red, yellow, orange, and white in my tank and they all look very different.
 
I have blue, red, yellow, orange, and white in my tank and they all look very different.
Oh jeez. Something to look forward to :face-with-spiral-eyes: But really that’s the glory of saltwater tanks - everything is alive and surprising. Something new to notice every week. I love it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new