Something weird growing next to RFA

Britestar202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
For a couple weeks now I’ve noticed something growing next to one of my RFAs. I noticed today that it’s definitely getting bigger. I thought it might be a baby RFA but not sure. I recently lost most of my coral from a bad Cyno and GHA experience. My tank is just coming back. The clown fish, RFAs and invertebrates all survived and seem to be thriving. The Hammer and Frogspawn are coming back slowly. Anyhow back to this weird thing. What are your thoughts?

4DBD5F33-B92D-4B8E-B653-D268D5CA5213.jpeg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aiptasia on the left of the coral? It is a pest anemone and not a good guy at all. Unless you are raising nudibranch or filefish or copperbands. :)

Take out and scrape the area of the rock. Super glue if you cannot get the bugger off. Rinse in saltwater and put back.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Britestar202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aiptasia on the left of the coral? It is a pest anemone and not a good guy at all. Unless you are raising nudibranch or filefish or copperbands. :)

Take out and scrape the area of the rock. Super glue if you cannot get the bugger off. Rinse in saltwater and put back.
Yes. Thanks for giving it a name! Will do right away.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back