Something wrong with Naso Tang

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I found my blonde naso at the bottom between two shells this morning. It was swimming fine yesterday even picked at some food and then today its breathing is not normal. The scratches on its body I assumed were from the rocks. Now it’s lying on the floor. Please help, what’s wrong!!!
#fishmedic

slogan315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys I found my blonde naso at the bottom between two shells this morning. It was swimming fine yesterday even picked at some food and then today its breathing is not normal. The scratches on its body I assumed were from the rocks. Now it’s lying on the floor. Please help, what’s wrong!!!
#fishmedic
No clue on your problem, but the first thing the experts are going to ask for are pictures in white light, tank parameters, and if there have been any changes or new additions (equipment/livestock) lately.

OP
OP
newreef1

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 70731964464__3A90BD1F-1FCF-4C2C-BD00-729F0110E44D.MOV
    701.5 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
newreef1

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No clue on your problem, but the first thing the experts are going to ask for are pictures in white light, tank parameters, and if there have been any changes or new additions (equipment/livestock) lately.
No changes, no new livestock. Parameters are all normal/same for weeks, it was doing fine then. The only thing I can think of: Dosed the second dose of prazi last Friday 50ml, removed air stone a few days ago when I was going to do a WC, couldn’t do it. I figured the prazi was already out of system so removed the air stone. Just put the air stone back in.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the tank's history?
Why were you dosing prazi?
How long have you had the blonde naso?

Jay

OP
OP
newreef1

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the tank's history?
Why were you dosing prazi?
How long have you had the blonde naso?

Jay
The blondes gone. I had the naso for around 2 months now. I dosed with prazi because my big PBT looked like it had flukes. I just don’t get what happened nothing changed in the tank. Was eating/swimming fine yesterday and suddenly this.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, blonde nasos have been exhibiting really high mortality rates from some unknown issue that kills them suddenly 4 to 6 weeks after you get them. At 8 weeks, your fish was getting beyond that danger zone, but maybe?
My current advice is to avoid buying blonde nasos until this gets figured out.
Jay

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back