SOS!...WATCHMAN GOES THROUGH OUTLET ON I.M. 10 NANO...HELP!

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow watchman went through the outlet and somehow got to the center, unreachable bottom...he swims into the right section, picks and every attempt to net him or suck him out...well they're very fast...back to the center...

ANY IDEAS WILL BE WELCOME...HE IS STILL ALIVE AND EVEN EATING!...PLEASE HELP US GET HIM OUT!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture of your tank so we can see what you are dealing with? it might require a complete tank tear down so you can try to "pour" him out of your filter.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know that specific tank. A picture would help. I'm sure there's a way.

OP
OP
Congaken

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture of your tank so we can see what you are dealing with? it might require a complete tank tear down so you can try to "pour" him out of your filter.
Thanks...I'll try to get a picture, but the whole sump is small and black...:(...I really don't want to tear down my tank...months of work and all that...right now he's fine...thinking, thinking...:rolleyes:

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking online it appears there are just two vertical sections in the back. Is that right? If so, just drain the water level down so the YWG doesn't have much swimming space and you can easily net it.

OP
OP
Congaken

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking online it appears there are just two vertical sections in the back. Is that right? If so, just drain the water level down so the YWG doesn't have much swimming space and you can easily net it.
Yes, but the center space under where the skimmer goes is unreachable except on the right side...he comes out there and shoots back at any movement...I'm afraid if I drain, he might be left in that space and there will be no water in there...

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get him out of the space and then block the path back in with the net?

OP
OP
Congaken

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get him out of the space and then block the path back in with the net?
GOT 'EM!...He swam into the center section on the top, went down into the left section...came out there and I netted him...YAHOO!...THANK YOU, RETRO AND COOL FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP...:)

OP
OP
Congaken

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ice Cool and Retro...guess what...the fish in the sump was a ywm that we thought we lost about a month ago...my wife insisted she saw two...by golly, she was right...hope that they don't fight...we thought that one was eaten or something or killed when the power went out...nope...he was in the sump all along!...what an adventure...:D

OP
OP
Congaken

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now the two ywm are sticking out of the same hole, obviously BFF's or maybe its a male and female...a beautiful sight!...on the other hand the pistol shrimp has been trying to molt for nearly a week now...poor guy...he's still trying so I hate to euthanize ...but I will if I see him give up...:):(

The facts now as to the timeline for the watchman are more clear...he has been in the sump since after Christmas...he was chased in, I took him out and than found a piece of stuff that looked like his body...nope...he had gone back to the sump and there he remained until we got him out thinking that he was the other guy...unbelievable...:cool:

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get to and see the back of the tank that's not black glass. It's clear glass covered with black paper. You can scrape it off with a razor blade.

Chibils

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ice Cool and Retro...guess what...the fish in the sump was a ywm that we thought we lost about a month ago...my wife insisted she saw two...by golly, she was right...hope that they don't fight...we thought that one was eaten or something or killed when the power went out...nope...he was in the sump all along!...what an adventure...:D
Hehe, in my old 90 I had a YWG who overflow hopped and lived in my sump for 3 years before I found him when breaking the thing down. Made it into the fuge where he lived under a big ball of chaeto and I guess he was able to evade me pretty well since I never saw him.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.5%
Back