Spectrum is a trash company

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Legitimately just awful. I have no idea how they're still in business. I moved a year ago and transferred my service, but that somehow didn't get switched on their service. Now I'm trying to get someone out here and they went to our old address. Now I've been on hold 3 separate times for a total of 45 minutes, and my current wait, from the most recent transfer, is over an hour. My internet has been out since last Thursday but apparently I'm the only one with this issue on my block.

This experience is making me switch to AT&T - it's 10x faster for half the price, but they're not coming until March 30. My work gives me a phone with a hotspot, but I'm probably not far from maxing it out - and I have to be on the VPN.

I know this is a reef forum but I needed to vent in the lounge.

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what happens when the government gives a company a monopoly. With little to no competition why bother to provide a good product or customer service right? Unfortunately you're probably not going to see much if any difference with AT&T. I've had most of them over the years and they're all garbage imo. You're lucky you even have another option. My last two places have only had Spectrum as an option.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Legitimately just awful. I have no idea how they're still in business. I moved a year ago and transferred my service, but that somehow didn't get switched on their service. Now I'm trying to get someone out here and they went to our old address. Now I've been on hold 3 separate times for a total of 45 minutes, and my current wait, from the most recent transfer, is over an hour. My internet has been out since last Thursday but apparently I'm the only one with this issue on my block.

This experience is making me switch to AT&T - it's 10x faster for half the price, but they're not coming until March 30. My work gives me a phone with a hotspot, but I'm probably not far from maxing it out - and I have to be on the VPN.

I know this is a reef forum but I needed to vent in the lounge.
AT&T is no better for me. I live in a highly populated area in south Florida yet “my neighborhood” can’t get over 100m/s. it’s also pretty spotty. It gets bogged down randomly throughout the day, cuts out when I’m watching Netflix. It’s very frustrating. The best part is, when I call for customer support, I get a direct hotline to India.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all are garbage... there is a reason Verizon got out of the internet business when they started Fios... they sold the business to Frontier which sucks just as bad as all the companies you are all complaining about... There is obviously something about that industry because Verizon wouldn’t sell a service like that if they were making money off it...

Pickwun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AT&T is no better for me. I live in a highly populated area in south Florida yet “my neighborhood” can’t get over 100m/s. it’s also pretty spotty. It gets bogged down randomly throughout the day, cuts out when I’m watching Netflix. It’s very frustrating. The best part is, when I call for customer support, I get a direct hotline to India.
Never call AT&T support. Use their support chat if you can get on internet. They've always been 10x better support than on the phone. Plus almost every time the agent has said, "I see you have our old plan xx. I can put you on yy which has this much more stuff for this many less $$."

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh don’t worry. I’ve herd that countless times with shotty english ;Hilarious
Never call AT&T support. Use their support chat if you can get on internet. They've always been 10x better support than on the phone. Plus almost every time the agent has said, "I see you have our old plan xx. I can put you on yy which has this much more stuff for this many less $$."

JayKim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrum bought Bright House in Tampa Bay several years ago. I was paying $93 a month on 100mb internet. Spectrum was charging $65 for same service. They never bother to change me to this new price and only reason they changed it was because I asked because I felt that other were paying lower price. I asked why it didn't change over automatically the rep said it's because that was the price when I signed up and if the price goes up I would not get charged higher price. Also I recently got home phone so I can port a number over and they added international call that I didn't even ask for. I cancelled the service because they couldn't port the number but they kept charging me for it. I had to contact them to get it cancelled. Corporate greed.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah honestly ATT was way worse in the long run for me.

creativeballance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They failed to discontinue my service after I moved out of state, and sent me to collections for 2 months of service and unreturned equipment.

Price was originally $35, went up $5/ every 6 months with no notice until it was $70 for just basic internet.

Equipment was returned, despite the spectrum store saying they wouldn't accept "out of state equipment". Finally got ups to accept it and send it back. Rep hung up on me twice when I tried to cancel originally.

Got ATT now- I'll see how they are after a year.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
High priced - Arrogant and couldn't care less about long time customers.

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Used Brighthouse for several years. Their customer service was great but i always had problems with internet, router, etc.

Switched to Verizon FIOS and things were good. They sold and i moved to frontier. there customer service was awesome when i needed to move, they gave me a new lower price on faster internet, and i literally have never had a problem with their internet.... am i just lucky?

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used Brighthouse for several years. Their customer service was great but i always had problems with internet, router, etc.

Switched to Verizon FIOS and things were good. They sold and i moved to frontier. there customer service was awesome when i needed to move, they gave me a new lower price on faster internet, and i literally have never had a problem with their internet.... am i just lucky?
Yes, very...

Slim64684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped spectrum right after they bought time Warner out in my area. Took me over an hour to watch a one hour dvr'd show I had recorded because it kept freezing. I switched to my current provider (wow) the next day.

Took all my spectrum equipment back into the store and when they asked why I brought it in I told them "this crap is junk, your service sucks, have a nice day" and walked out.

It was over two years later before I started getting the mail ads from them again.

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've lived all over the country. In my experience, ISPs/TELCOs are only as good as the competition they need to keep up with. If you live in an area where you've got an option for service from multiple providers, you're going to get them competing for business. That also usually means that you're living in a relatively densely populated area with a bunch of customers and beefed up infrastructure. If you're in a spot with one provider, you're at their mercy and they couldn't care less about what they provide because they know you won't jump ship to a competitor since there isn't one.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back