Spots on blue hippo tang

Adam.65gallon

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have had my blue hippo tang for 2 weeks he’s being doing amazing eating and looks very healthy just like my other fish I noticed today spots on him that he didn’t have before it’s a dark rim with white in the middle looks like bite marks I also add a flame angel today which might be the problem becuase I see him chasing the tang if you know what the problem could be let me know I am very worried about the fish’s well being
IMG_2489.jpeg
IMG_2490.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2486.mov
    35.5 MB
Hello I have had my blue hippo tang for 2 weeks he’s being doing amazing eating and looks very healthy just like my other fish I noticed today spots on him that he didn’t have before it’s a dark rim with white in the middle looks like bite marks I also add a flame angel today which might be the problem becuase I see him chasing the tang if you know what the problem could be let me know I am very worried about the fish’s well being
IMG_2489.jpeg
IMG_2490.jpeg
It could be injury from the angel. If that doesn’t stop, you may need to put a tank divider in.

The cleaner wrasse took a huge bite out of the tang in the video - that needs to be stopped as well.

Read over this post and see if it has any clues for additional information that could lead us to a more accurate diagnosis:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...sease-treatment-and-diagnosis-section.775547/
 
It could be injury from the angel. If that doesn’t stop, you may need to put a tank divider in.

The cleaner wrasse took a huge bite out of the tang in the video - that needs to be stopped as well.

Read over this post and see if it has any clues for additional information that could lead us to a more accurate diagnosis:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...sease-treatment-and-diagnosis-section.775547/
How could I stop the cleaner wrasse from biting him should I put him into a tank divider.
Any ways I can help the tang recover or just keep watching him ?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new