Spots on my foxface!?

Sophie"s mom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2023
Messages
3,601
Reaction score
4,533
Location
Va.
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon everyone! Si I noticed these 2 spots on my foxface today! I have not added anything new in quite some time now, like months at least 6. I do have a tuxedo urchin and many corals and anemones. Can someone tell me what this might be. I do not have a quarantine set up. I am hoping that either @Jay Hemdal or @vetteguy53081 can come in and look at this for some advice. He is eating great, has a heck of an appetite!

IMG_7868.jpeg
 
Good afternoon everyone! Si I noticed these 2 spots on my foxface today! I have not added anything new in quite some time now, like months at least 6. I do have a tuxedo urchin and many corals and anemones. Can someone tell me what this might be. I do not have a quarantine set up. I am hoping that either @Jay Hemdal or @vetteguy53081 can come in and look at this for some advice. He is eating great, has a heck of an appetite!

IMG_7868.jpeg

We see this fairly often - I think they are either urchin spine stabs, or stings from some LPS coral. They seem to go away without treatment.
 
Whew! Thank you Jay! I was thinking the urchin too! I am crazy careful, even though I get all my corals from a good friend, I still dip them. This makes me feel much better. I do use Selcon in their food so hopefully that will help him out!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new