Spotted clown

Firepony

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! So I got these 2, True Percula Clowns (says PetSmart) about 2 months ago. They were on sale so I got both of them. The darker one (I'm assuming is the female) is getting black spots on her body. My question is, is this normal? I mean I'm very cool with it, just curious :)

Attachments

• VID_20220506_103839.mp4
    58.5 MB

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The video is not working for me. Can you post a pic? Also, do you know if the clowns were/are hosting anything other than an anemone?
Black dots are either ick (disease) or a normal reaction that happen when clowns host things like toadstools, torches, duncans or anything other than anemones.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! So I got these 2, True Percula Clowns (says PetSmart) about 2 months ago. They were on sale so I got both of them. The darker one (I'm assuming is the female) is getting black spots on her body. My question is, is this normal? I mean I'm very cool with it, just curious :)
Search up black ich, that’s what I’m suspecting but as the video doesn’t want to work for me (You can also upload the video to YouTube then put it on here if you want) I can’t exactly say what it may be.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size tank is that though? the clownfish seem super cramped causing the female to not settle in one area and keep going after the male

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it worked for me, it isnt black ich it is just black coming in on the ture percula as they age they become darker black in the center, losing some orange
This is more black spots not a black splotch, I have also kept percula and they did not gain the spots that had it come in as a splotch of black that got darker.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close up picture?
+1 to this, a photo does more than a video IMHO.
Whilst a video will show breathing, behaviour ect… a photo will show the spots in finer detail

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had my percula for 8 years now and that is what mine has done, albeit it could be slight bruise marks which do occasionally happen from trying to host the wrong coral. those spots are too big too be black ich

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had my percula for 8 years now and that is what mine has done, albeit it could be slight bruise marks which do occasionally happen from trying to host the wrong coral. those spots are too big too be black ich
I cant see the video so I’m just going off of the assumption of it being black ich.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh that makes more sense then, they are super large blotches not little spots like ich or smaller
Yeah, with that description it does sound like normal colouration due to her maturing then.

OP
OP
Firepony

Firepony

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The video is not working for me. Can you post a pic? Also, do you know if the clowns were/are hosting anything other than an anemone?
Black dots are either ick (disease) or a normal reaction that happen when clowns host things like toadstools, torches, duncans or anything other than anemones.
No they are not even hosting the nem :( they are very healthy, the spots started shortly after I got them 2 months ago

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, i believe also just coloration,
they are captive bred ,larger is onyx picasso mix ,smaller is picasso /perc mix.
are they getting along ok ?

OP
OP
Firepony

Firepony

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone...I took like 30 pics lol she just wouldn't stay still lol this is Not clear...uggggg
hi, i believe also just coloration,
they are captive bred ,larger is onyx picasso mix ,smaller is picasso /perc mix.
are they getting along ok ?
Yes...they won't leave each other's sides

Attachments

• IMG_20220506_103624.jpg
    IMG_20220506_103624.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 31
Back