Spotted manderin (Synchiropus picturatus)

OP
OP
Surfzone

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 13
1203181913.jpg

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 days and you can start to see some spots. I'm adding TDO to the diet of Apocyclops. Here are some pics after a tank cleaning and water change.
1219181632.jpg
1219181632a.jpg
Fantastic! Keep those good updates coming. The world definitely needs more Synchiropus picturatus!

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 days and you can start to see some spots. I'm adding TDO to the diet of Apocyclops. Here are some pics after a tank cleaning and water change.
1219181632.jpg
1219181632a.jpg
Go to Walmart and get a set of lenses for your phone camera. You can get a nice sex and looting a macro lens under $10. It’s in next to the memory cards near the cameras obviously. I’ve taken some excellent text with it it. You can check out my thread in the fish breeding forum under “Breeding the Striped Blenny”. This is my lens set. It just clips on. I’m suite you’ve seen. But works great for really cool coral pics as well.
a0bdae1333a8d54b956c890f9ab55915.jpg
So did you separate your mandarin pair into their own tank or what? I’ve got my pair in a community tank and thinking about using one of my clownfish tanks and give them their own space.

OP
OP
Surfzone

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to Walmart and get a set of lenses for your phone camera. You can get a nice sex and looting a macro lens under $10. It’s in next to the memory cards near the cameras obviously. I’ve taken some excellent text with it it. You can check out my thread in the fish breeding forum under “Breeding the Striped Blenny”. This is my lens set. It just clips on. I’m suite you’ve seen. But works great for really cool coral pics as well.
a0bdae1333a8d54b956c890f9ab55915.jpg
So did you separate your mandarin pair into their own tank or what? I’ve got my pair in a community tank and thinking about using one of my clownfish tanks and give them their own space.
I'll have to look into the phone macro lens. Didn't know that was a thing. My pair are still in the 60g reef. It would be hard to get them out plus they seem to like it in there. No other fish really bother them.

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to look into the phone macro lens. Didn't know that was a thing. My pair are still in the 60g reef. It would be hard to get them out plus they seem to like it in there. No other fish really bother them.

Whatever is working...don’t change a thing. You may even stop them from spawning regularly if you did. Yeah check out those lenses. You’ll love them.

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not good at all! I just lost all my larvae from what was supposed to be my biggest hatch. First off, I've been having problems with keeping my rotifer cultures alive. Ive tried a lot of different methods. My first Rotifer Cultures lasted me for over a year so I shouldn't be complaining. But as my luck would have it, they start dying off just when I need them. I saved 50 and moved them to a small tank, reducing the amount of food needed to filll the space. Those ended up dying like within 48 hours after transfer.
Im making Reed Mariculture happy, Im sure, with all of my many rotifer cultures ive ordered. They probably think Im running a large hatchery, LOL. I just ordered another and its waitng for me to get to it. I wonder if my the food, RG Complete goes bad after awhile. This attempt Im going to put them on a feeding pump. Ill just use one of my BRS dosers and have it dose via my Neptune or I may order a Jaebo.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back