Spread of LED lights

NickSc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, for my next tank I plan eliminating shadows caused by a single point led lighting. Has anyone used an abundance of low powered leds to eliminate shadows. I was looking at the fluval reef led. Probably using two or three.

What are your guys thought. I would want a minimum of a 4 foot long tank.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was me and not using t5s, I would go with the orphek bars. You can mix and match them to run a tank entirely using them.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with those bars, they are not controllable. :(
That is true. If controllability is needed, reef breeders photons have great coverage. if you are doing a 4' tank, you could always run 2x 36" ones. Or you could do dimmable t5 fixture. Typically, most people do a point and shoot LED, use orphek bars or t5 to come on during peak time and go off after it ends. This eliminates shadows and provides enough light for what will be slightly shadowed in off peak hours.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, for my next tank I plan eliminating shadows caused by a single point led lighting. Has anyone used an abundance of low powered leds to eliminate shadows. I was looking at the fluval reef led. Probably using two or three.

Concept is no different than this:

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am using GNC M Pro. You might refer to my link about the your criteria for the lighting you are looking for.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/g...y-arrived-photos-intense.863026/#post-9579720

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with those bars, they are not controllable. :(
Check out Reefdelight Nicobars they have both dimmable and non dimmable. Can run up to 4 strips dimable on one power supply with a phone app. I have 2 60 inch non dimmable on my system controlled via Apex just on and off. But I can upgrade the power supply to a the dimmable / controllable if I want. 3 to choose from , White-Pop , UV-Pop , and Blue-Pop. from 24 "up to I think 72"

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back