Spring Losses Survey

Dingo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all of us that have Spring losses: I am hoping the community can come together to collect some data and make some statistical connections, if applicable.
It seems to me that I only have losses in the spring time and I suspect it is due to pollen but that is nothing more than a hunch until we can put some data to the theory. Hope we can compile some data together!

This is a working document and I welcome any suggestions for improvement. Also, I am not the strongest with statistical analysis of data so looking for talented individuals to crunch data once substantial results are obtained.

h ttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11tuwxI75JUb2DGzDsTgFyugVITRlnAWBiOnh6F9HCcE/edit?usp=sharing

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all of us that have Spring losses: I am hoping the community can come together to collect some data and make some statistical connections, if applicable.
It seems to me that I only have losses in the spring time and I suspect it is due to pollen but that is nothing more than a hunch until we can put some data to the theory. Hope we can compile some data together!

This is a working document and I welcome any suggestions for improvement. Also, I am not the strongest with statistical analysis of data so looking for talented individuals to crunch data once substantial results are obtained.

h ttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11tuwxI75JUb2DGzDsTgFyugVITRlnAWBiOnh6F9HCcE/edit?usp=sharing

The docs didn't work correctly

chopper320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting that you bring this up because I have the exact same trend in my tank. This year I went into the spring being super diligent knowing that it seems to be when I run into issues and I’ve still had 3 small colonies randomly stn on me.

My parameters never change, the husbandry is the same but year after year, I have 10 months of a successful reef tank and about 2 months in the spring with random losses.

chopper320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually wondering if it is possibly some sort of seasonal bacterial infection. I have no hard evidence of that but I’m considering trying an OA treatment.

Dingo, I do think that a survey like this may be more beneficial if it were a little more generic then directed specifically to pollen. If there are many people that experience losses in the spring, pollen count would be worth capturing but I would think noting specifically what species were lost, what species seem to be unaffected, how the losses happen(rtn, stn, etc?), what actions were taken to remedy the issue and what were the results, any other observations in the aquarium(algae blooms, reduced polyp extension, bacterial blooms, etc)

Back