Springfield, MO

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... Springfield MO reefing:

We had a club. A few years back, it was one of the better ones. The SEAS. Nobody showing up for meetings, a crook elected as president, nothing 'interesting' going on... we could get 20 or so folks to the once yearly 'free coral frag' meeting... the rest? I was at the last meeting, me, and a guy named Lonnie... we went to the pub and toasted the end of the club.

I'm all over starting fresh. Let me know if there is any way I can assist. I'm in Buffalo, BTW, and happy to host a get-together to discuss a new club, if anyone is up for it.

MissouriReefer31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... Springfield MO reefing:

We had a club. A few years back, it was one of the better ones. The SEAS. Nobody showing up for meetings, a crook elected as president, nothing 'interesting' going on... we could get 20 or so folks to the once yearly 'free coral frag' meeting... the rest? I was at the last meeting, me, and a guy named Lonnie... we went to the pub and toasted the end of the club.

I'm all over starting fresh. Let me know if there is any way I can assist. I'm in Buffalo, BTW, and happy to host a get-together to discuss a new club, if anyone is up for it.
yup I am up for it. im in NW Springfield
west by pass.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, we've got what, 5 people? Maybe a few more?

Someone shared a reference to @OzarksReef... Hi Dave! Lonnie was just mentioning that you and he'd had a long conversation the other day.

Let's make this happen. See who's interested, pass around some ideas, etc... and let's do it SOON.

Anyone got a place in Springfield big enough to host a half dozen, maybe a couple more?

I'd be happy to do it here, but I'm 40 minutes north of Springfield, in Buffalo, MO. It's a bit of a drive, which is why I asked if anyone's got a place in town. I do have the room, a tank to look at... even a pool table, dart boards, etc :D

Today's Tuesday, Oct 19. Let's get something going... this weekend? We wait a week, and it's Halloween, another week and we're starting to get awful close to Holliday season... Before you know it, it'll be 2022.

MrineLfRlz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was part of the group years ago back when my system was florishing and i was fragging like crazy me and my friend came to a few frag swaps selling and swaping corals. Ive been out of the mix for a few years now but recently got back up and going weird to start with no corals again!
Its sad to hear things went so wrong for the group but im very interested in getting back in!

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just checking back in I see this thread has gotten some more attention witch is awesome! I just recently went to the reefingUSA swap In St. Louis mo because those are the only consistent swaps that I can find here close enough to where I’m located. Im not too far outside of Springfield I’m located in Lebanon mo but more in the woods not in town. I’d love to try and help organize a location. I do all of my reefing in my basement it’s a brand new home the basement is finished and i have an entryway and a decent amount of room. Depending on the amount of ppl we can get together it could potentially work out for a meeting place. The backyard is a couple acres also and I have alot of room out front for parking. Lmk I’ll do whatever I have to in order to get this program started. I wasn’t living in mo while the last one was going that you guys a referring to but I’ve been in the hobby for around 13 years and I’d love to help revive the club. Let me know fellas we can make it happen. My name is jonathon btw nice to meet all of you

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jonathon, Nice to meet you. I'm Chris, or Greybeard, either will work.

If you're in the woods around Lebanon, you're something like 30 miles east of me, out in the woods near Buffalo. Come on out, maybe we can get something going through sheer force of will :D

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back