SPS Dominated 47G Reef

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let me begin with your tank is amazing. how do you like the pacificsun vs the ati? do you dose anything for coloring your sps because they look absolutely amazing? what additives are you currently using?

OP
OP
Sahin

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, took a bunch of photos over past week. The FTS was taken today. Growth has started to take off on some of the frags. I attribute this to having started the full Fauna Marin Balling Lite System (complete with Trace Elements).

FTS:
DSC_7119_zpsbmsvxrav.jpg

New frag from my friend Ahmed; colour palette is very similar to the Pearlberry...hope it colours up well:
DSC_7030_zpsmlufzzzh.jpg

One I call my Rainbow Millepora, growth taking off (lost some of the deeper Purple on the corallites since I took off the ABS tubes:
DSC_7115_zpsg9kocgyp.jpg

Closeup of one of my Red Planet Colonies (you've probably seen enough of this one, but it looks great):
DSC_7098_zpsapyhjpkg.jpg

Green Turaki (in indirect light):
DSC_7041_zpsugramshg.jpg

This one is another one with multiple colours; Blue tips, purple corallites, and green polyps around base:
DSC_7116_zpspsozrrpf.jpg

This one is now growing nicely (ANY ID's?):
DSC_7073_zpsxiaocpz2.jpg

Small frag, but I have high hopes this will turn into a stunning colony:
DSC_7113_zps2wf2weaz.jpg

Blue Tort is growing fast now, dipped it recently as part of my routine check, lost slight colour but still looks great:
DSC_7038_zpsd6zgsatv.jpg

So happy I picked up the Bubblegum Millepora, being hit with about 450 PAR:
DSC_7039_zpshw6topm9.jpg

Macro of nice Pink Millepora (had better colour but I moved it down slightly to accommodate new frags and lost some colour as well as its lime growth ring:
DSC_7067_zpssqon3gag.jpg

Better shot of the Bubblegum Millepora, hard to capture the blue tips as its in a BRIGHT area:
DSC_7081_zpsacjoj8bq.jpg

Strawberry SSC frag, has held its colour for the past 4 week, has grown over the superglue too:
DSC_7093_zpsllpe9bp2.jpg

OP
OP
Sahin

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let me begin with your tank is amazing. how do you like the pacificsun vs the ati? do you dose anything for coloring your sps because they look absolutely amazing? what additives are you currently using?

Thanks. I would classify the two lights as equivalent (since the T5's are the main light source). I cannot speak for the LED dominated units.

In terms of additives, I havent been using anything. I dosed Prodibio Bioptim and Biodigest and KZ Zeobac from 0-4 months in order to control nutrients. Now I dont even need to use GFO. NO3=0.2ppm and PO4=0.03.

In the past 2 weeks I have started the FULL Fauna Marin Balling Lite system complete with trace elements to boost colours. No real change so far, but I expect noticeable results within the new few months.

OP
OP
Sahin

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Очень, очень здорово. Этот танк вдохновляет меня.
Я принимаю коренную реструктуризацию в баке.
So I used Google Translate which tells me you said: "Very, very cool. This tank inspires me .
I accept the radical restructuring in the tank". Many thanks. :D

Very nice! Beautiful setup! What camera Do You use to take pictures?
Thank you for the compliment. I feel embarrassed to say it, but I am using a 12 year old Nikon DSLR (D70 model). It is old...the technology is far behind todays camera standard. But I make best use of it. The clarity of the images is not from the camera...it is from the LENS. I am using a Tamron 90mm macro http://www.tamron.eu/uk/lenses/sp-af-90mm-f28-di-macro-11/ This lens is tack sharp. I love it. The lens construction is plastic and not so nice, and the autofocus is slow (not that it is used much for macrophotography), but the images are nice.

Sahin you have mad skill in coral photography.
Thank you. :D I am looking to buy a used Nikon D90...Going to try and record some macro videos...that should be pretty cool. :D

You are a beast! Why am I just finding this now. You have a gift sir, with corals and photography
Thank you. Means a lot coming from you...I admire your reef skills very much. :D

Love your redplanet, I wish mine would look that good :(
I wish mine would get more green in it. But the red looks absolutely stunning. As my tank is maturing, the two Red Planet colonies I have are looking better and better. From certain angles the red planet has a metallic sheen to it. Loving this coral.

God damm dude teach me how to capture that good, crisp, detailed picture. Awesome!
Many thanks for the nice compliment. :D I sue 12 year old Nikon D70 SLR with Tamron 90mm Macro lens I linked above. And then its just practice and practice and learn to use a tool to the best of its ability.

Getting better and bettrr everytime i visit your thread my friend amazing job
Thank you very much my friend. I hope this tank will look stunning in a years time. I have a nice collection of Acropora's already and want to just grow things out. Adding corals just increases chances of Acro Eating FlatWorms which I really dread.

I just need to concentrate on adding a few choice LPS corals and the coral collection is complete. :)

Thanks for following the thread. I will post more photos in the coming weeks.

OP
OP
Sahin

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sahin tank looks amazing love the colors
Thank you. :)

quick question what is your current fish stocking list?
I have 4 fish at the moment, but that will change next month when I will add more fish to have more nutrients in the tank.

Currently have, 1 Tomini Tang, 1 Regal Tang (yes, he is unsuitable for my tank, but he is very small and was covered in white spots at the LFS, no one was buying him and I got him for free...I plan to upgrade next year, if I dont, he will go into my buddys 250G). Also have fairy wrasse and a yellow wrasse.

OP
OP
Sahin

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the light blue tips and the green pigment further down.
DSC_7243_zps6bmnls3b.jpg

With the increased feeding and 450PAR this colony of Red Planet is just turning crazy nice. The polyps now have a metallic sort of shimmer! Very cool! :D
DSC_7211_zpsek3qfymm.jpg

Very promising looking acro. Nice fat healthy polyps on this one.
DSC_7245_zps1hsg4byo.jpg

This one was very pale for a while, has now limed up its polyps and shows some peachy corallite edges.
DSC_7239_zps2x5cedaq.jpg

The blue tips on this one is stunning. Never seen such deep/intense blue in any of my SPS. Love this one. Its got crazy PE too...its hit with VERY high flow constantly.
DSC_7235_zpsnalac0ip.jpg

Another nice frag from my buddy. This one tables. It lost some of the green hue...but looks like its coming back.
DSC_7217_zpsf5ffdlhc.jpg

Bubblegum looking happy.
DSC_7266_zpspudh9imu.jpg

This granulosa used to look stunning. I had a colony of this. All that remains is this small frag. It was brown for months, but has now lost all the brown. It will eventually have purple tips, fading to sky blue with a green base. You can see its signature colouration on the bottom right tip.
DSC_7224_zpsimbv6abh.jpg

My Hot Pink Milli is starting to deepen its pink colouration. Still a long way to go till the strong pink colouration returns.
DSC_7209_zps9g5bfcdj.jpg

Waited a whole year for my bloody LFS to frag me this solid blue tenius looking acro.
DSC_7258_zpsfubys9pw.jpg

My 2nd SSC variant looking happy. I posted a pic only a week ago, but it looks to have improved every so slightly. I can see red polyps now. Yum. :D
DSC_7255_zpsyuyejl50.jpg

So happy to have got this from my buddy. This one likes my tank and where it is in terms of flow and light.
DSC_7222_zpss6vsxeiq.jpg

Aleks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Потрясающий результат. Сколько Баллинг решение, которое вы используете сейчас? Ca, Mg, KH в день.

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sabin, you are getting very healthy color out of your sps! I'm happy to see your tank looking so good! Your inspiring me to get some new sps.[emoji106]

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back