POTO Fire Dancer frags

52014846795_a2cbfc91dd_o.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what the name of this coral is but was given as a stag. Beautiful though! I hit the jackpot with this (it was 2 frags for £10/$12.53). This is today’s morning after adding it to the tank. Any help with the name would be great as it looks beautiful as a small 1 inch tall frag (I’d love a 1 foot colony but don’t think I could be able to grow it to that size).
D3D6CEC0-8383-4AFB-B9B1-6B5AA2356290.jpeg

Also got this beautiful seriatopora as the other frag.
image.jpg

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a beautiful piece! How long have you had it for?

I have had it for about 3 months, it was not only an old school classic, but an old school frag or mini colony by todays standard. Actually some might even say mother, lol :) It's a beauty, that looks really beautiful under full spectrum ;)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what the name of this coral is but was given as a stag. Beautiful though! I hit the jackpot with this (it was 2 frags for £10/$12.53). This is today’s morning after adding it to the tank. Any help with the name would be great as it looks beautiful as a small 1 inch tall frag (I’d love a 1 foot colony but don’t think I could be able to grow it to that size).
D3D6CEC0-8383-4AFB-B9B1-6B5AA2356290.jpeg

Also got this beautiful seriatopora as the other frag.
image.jpg
I cant believe I haven’t corrected myself yet haha, I mixed up stylophora and seriatopora (Oops).

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had it for about 3 months, it was not only an old school classic, but an old school frag or mini colony by todays standard. Actually some might even say mother, lol :) It's a beauty, that looks really beautiful under full spectrum ;)
Man, the way this hobby has changed surprises me. I remember when frags were decent sizes, now they’re essentially just a .5-1 inch stick that go for a rather high price.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, the way this hobby has changed surprises me. I remember when frags were decent sizes, now they’re essentially just a .5-1 inch stick that go for a rather high price.

Usually hobbyists that have been around awhile, still offer chunky pieces. Battlecorals has chunky pieces too. I typically stay away from under 1", non encrusted frags, at least when being shipped. Local fresh cuts I don't mind at all, even at .5" they seem to do well. But, you would be surprised at how many old schoolers still hooking others up with chunkers, lol. Unfortunately, shipping getting so unreliable and expensive, that many are weary....

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually hobbyists that have been around awhile, still offer chunky pieces. Battlecorals has chunky pieces too. I typically stay away from under 1", non encrusted frags, at least when being shipped. Local fresh cuts I don't mind at all, even at .5" they seem to do well. But, you would be surprised at how many old schoolers still hooking others up with chunkers, lol. Unfortunately, shipping getting so unreliable and expensive, that many are weary....
Yeah, even when at an LFS I will look at SPS and only keep an eye on the ones that are encrusting or I know have been there for a while. If it looks like a fresh cut I normally avoid it - Although, there was one exception when I saw a beautiful white acro (not a bleached acro) and took a piece. I grew that to a decent size and then killed it accidentally but don’t remember how I killed it.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Pieces of the Ocean im pretty sure I’ve asked about this coral before but can’t exactly remember but do you know the name of it or even the species? I keep coming across it and the PE this photo shows is stunning.
2624E709-E67C-4D33-A76E-1DDCBC457703.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back