SPS - Eye Candy

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is not chips'

it is a "tricolor", there are many forms of it going around, from the garf bonsai to the richmond tricolor. They are near impossible to id to species; A. valida,nana, secale, cerealis, and nasuta are all very similiar in color, purple with green polyps.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, its just your run of the mill tri-color. it was a frag that came off a wild colony our club bought from our LFS, that everyone split up for a meet.

it did nothing in my system for a year, just encrusted onto the rock a little bit. never colored up much.

seems to like your tank though. lol ;)

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting more and more into SPS so I am still learning the ropes. I'm bringing my calc and alk up to proper levels so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that thing will grow better. But here is the reason for my new interest in SPS.

This Superman has been through a lot of stress and just lately has started to grow well.
superman.jpg

Here is an efflo that I got a while ago and has finally adjusted and started to grow. It is by far my favorite SPS in my tank.

efflo2.jpg

efflo.jpg

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The base is brown/green with brown polyps. The extensions/branches (lack of terms) are purple with neon green polyps.

About a year ago I purchased a frag pack from someone on RC and this is one of the few that survived my tank crash. It didn't grow at all for 9months, and only started to grow recently. Don't worry Al it's nothing special as it is just starting out.

phisigs79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say you frag that efflo and give me a peice in case yopu tank crashes again and ill only charge you a small fee for a frag of it back :hammer:

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say you frag that efflo and give me a peice in case yopu tank crashes again and ill only charge you a small fee for a frag of it back :hammer:

My tank crash was due to the fact that I used GE Silicone in my sump. They started using mold inhibitor in the silicone but hadn't yet labeled the tube. It took me 6 months to figure out what went wrong.

For all those people out there trying to save a few dollars getting a cheaper "just as good as aquarium silicone", DON'T DO IT. The $2 dollars I thought I was saving in silicone ended up costing me over $80 in dead corals.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen some cool pics of that night crawler monti....That is one nice monti.....The more I see these dang SPS threads the more I am liking what I see..I blame you guys for it.....

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back