SPS Growth Challenge - Anyone?

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a few bigger pics of the colony.

Again not the nicest acro in the world but I do see potential. I should state again that I will take no offense if you guys would like to do this with a fancier acro.

I have talked to jeremy about actually being the one to distribute the frags. I am not looking to make any money on this one only to recoupe shipping materials and expenses.

I am getting some info ready for him and will let him know what I can do for you guys.

as he said earlier. anyone who can get a few friends togeter to combine shipping will save tremoundously.

Of course it goes with out saying that it looks better in person as well.

growout3.jpg

growout2.jpg

growout1.jpg

Looks nice enough......what kind of lighting is it under?

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey can all those interested post your zip codes to assist with estimate on shipping....might also help to find groups

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dkerns. We can split if you want. In Pittsburgh. And either I can receive it or you can and we can meet at robinson. If that works for you. (FYI. I grew up and graduated from center)

Bob

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pic taken under 150 watt radium. The 150 is less blue to me than the 250 so I like to take my pics under it. It was been kept under iwasaki 65k's.

I can see trying to get individual shipping costs to get a little complicated. If I am going to end up being the shipper of all the frags, I'd really prefer to just get an average and have everyone basically pay the same.

I would guess that 45.00 will be the magic number. For those that will be combining it will be a tad more. Does that sound fair?

So just let me know what you guys think and i'll frag this puppy up if tha's what you decide.

Again the only real advantage to this colony over a fresh off the boat is that it's been qt'd and has been in a stable tank for a while now. The last thing any of you want is to all end up with AEFW out of this. Or just have half of them die because they weren't acclimated well enough before hitting the chopping block.

My 2 cents

Looks nice enough......what kind of lighting is it under?

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$45 for entry fee or just for shipping?

My concern is for the LED guys like myself....stuff that comes from 400's struggle with the intensity differences to LED....from 150 it might take 3 months just to adjust and color back up

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
$45 for entry fee or just for shipping?

My concern is for the LED guys like myself....stuff that comes from 400's struggle with the intensity differences to LED....from 150 it might take 3 months just to adjust and color back up

Cant say about the entry fee but I believe I can get these out for roughly 45-50.00 give or take. I am pretty much "doin it for the cause" here.

Just to clarify the pic was taken under 150 watt radium. This colony has been kept under 250 watt iwasaki 65ks.

It's definitely well acclimated to higher par values.

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • D/C

Votes: 58 63.0%
  • Both

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 13 14.1%
Back