SPS ID needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter donnievaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

donnievaz

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
983
Reaction score
742
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked these up a couple days ago from a guy who's tearing down his tank, I know they're not in the best shape right now. Hopefully a little TLC will bring them back to their former glory. I'm pretty sure the second one is some sort of Tenuis just from looking around the web and the thick green one is maybe a Stag? I don't know...

File Jul 09, 3 29 56 PM.jpeg
File Jul 09, 3 30 16 PM.jpeg
File Jul 09, 3 34 48 PM.jpeg
 
I believe the fist one is a birdsnest coral (Seriatopora), although the polyps look like more like pocyllapora. It will be easier to tell when it grows out. The last one appears to be a green slimer (Acropora yongei) which is a type of stag. I don't believe the second one is a tenuis, but I am not sure the exact species.
 
Stylophora, Tenius, Green Slimmer would be my guess. Hope they color up for you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new