SPS in a Biocube 32?

maxemorris

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2022
Messages
168
Reaction score
55
Location
Gainesville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my stock biocube 32 for about a year now and have about 20 coral and an anenome in it all thriving.

I already have some montipora in the tank, which I know is easy, but could my stock system (and lights) can handle something like stylophora or birds nest? No acros

6A09C896-B05C-47EC-8F6D-98A1E7E6C35E.jpeg
 
I should also mention I don’t want to or plan to add a dosing system or do any dosing. I do a weekly water change with Red Sea Pro salt.
 
I have both a stylo and birds nest (seriatopora) doing well under stock hood lights with 1 wavemaker for extra flow.
I did have to start weekly dosing by hand a small amount of bottled alk/calc though. The birdnest in particular and a monti cap are growing fast enough that every other week 15% water changes with Reef Crystals isnt keeping up anymore.
 
I have both a stylo and birds nest (seriatopora) doing well under stock hood lights with 1 wavemaker for extra flow.
I did have to start weekly dosing by hand a small amount of bottled alk/calc though. The birdnest in particular and a monti cap are growing fast enough that every other week 15% water changes with Reef Crystals isnt keeping up anymore.
Thank you, this gave me the confidence I needed! I just tested my water to find out my consumption rate I plan to dose soon anyways.
 
Birdsnest are fast growers and are incredibly finnicky so just keep that in mind
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new