SPS pest ID

nc208082

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this on one of my acros, at first it looked like a piece of food stuck and when I went to dislodge it, it was stuck on the acro, I removed the acro and attempted tweezers but it was too narrow a space, I grabbed scissors and as soon as it touched it, it retracted a bit. I got it off and notice a big eaten spot where it had been. I've seen aefw before and this looked different. It looked fuzzy white at first like a piece of LRS food that was stuck on an acro, was prob half a cm long, and had a crunch to it, when I was turning it over I stabbed it with a toothpick to see if it was still alive and it made a crunch sound. The bottom side looked like an asterina starfish with lots of teeth, but the top side looked similar to a flatworm.
I immediately dipped the acro and inspected it closely and nothing else was on it and no other acro nearby has anything on them so I'm stumped. The first pic is the underside and you can see along the leg the teeth like things that resemble a starfish.
sps id.jpg
sps id2.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%

Back