SPS Quarantine tank temp setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter ps2cho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ps2cho

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
881
Reaction score
270
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys

I know SPS can be really picky about tank maturity...and I currently don't have any way to set up a long term q tank. I'll be moving house within the next 6mo to somewhere bigger and I'll set up a dedicated QT then, but for now is there a way I can keep stocking up on SPS and still quarantining them?

Would SPS RTN and die if I set up and cycled a small 10g for a few weeks using water from the display? Do they really need a matured tank for quarantine purposes or is it a gamble and Better to wait and not buy any more corals for a while until I can get a more matured QT?
 
I would wait until you have a solid tank up and running, it's not necessarily maturity but consistency!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new