Sps recovery?

KingTriton

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2015
Messages
311
Reaction score
126
Location
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I received two sps corals awhile back that came in pale white. However, the PE has always been great which has me wondering if it has any chance to regain its color back. Anybody have any personal experience with this? I seem to get mixed opinions on this one.
 
Corals bleaching usually means they expelled their zooxanthellae. If the polyps are still present then it sounds like your frags are indeed alive. Don't overwhelm by too much light or flow. Lower level in your tank and with time they should show signs of recovery
 
Ofcourse, if you have PE then they are alive and if you keep your parameters consistent they will very much so color up. Just keep them in a nice spot where they will not move and you should be good to go
 
I've received corals that I thought were dead due to lack of color. I placed them low in the tanks and left them alone. As we know healthy corals much less unhealthy corals don't like to be moved around much. Good Luck on the recovery!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new