SPS white lines

OrangeFaucett10

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
33
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys over the last three weeks my encrusting and happy Bill Murray SPS has been suffering from what I can only guess is STN. I’ve had RTN years ago, but this is completely different.

It started with the backside becoming white but leaving the tips still colored, if that makes sense. Over the three weeks it has spread and I’ve had zero swing of anything. I’m crazy consistent, so I’m struggling with this. Also, despite the whiting areas most of the polyps are still extended.

69ABB816-C89E-4DAE-B76E-4878C95BC1DE.jpeg
 
If the polyps are extended it hasn’t lost tissue in that area, thus it can’t be any type of tissue necrosis. Sounds more like bleaching
 
If the polyps are extended it hasn’t lost tissue in that area, thus it can’t be any type of tissue necrosis. Sounds more like bleaching
Yeah I’ve never seen this before. It looks like it’s almost dead on the back
 
Hey guys over the last three weeks my encrusting and happy Bill Murray SPS has been suffering from what I can only guess is STN. I’ve had RTN years ago, but this is completely different.

It started with the backside becoming white but leaving the tips still colored, if that makes sense. Over the three weeks it has spread and I’ve had zero swing of anything. I’m crazy consistent, so I’m struggling with this. Also, despite the whiting areas most of the polyps are still extended.

69ABB816-C89E-4DAE-B76E-4878C95BC1DE.jpeg
Looks like it's encrusting.
You got a pic of the back?
Or top pic if you shut off all flow and shine some light on it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new