OP
calvo15290

calvo15290

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thank as long as it helps someone with experience it's good everyone heare is so kind iv had trouble with getting made fun of cuz of this hobby and it's worth it to come here and talk about stuff with people who like what I like

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

jmann124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thank as long as it helps someone with experience it's good everyone heare is so kind iv had trouble with getting made fun of cuz of this hobby and it's worth it to come here and talk about stuff with people who like what I like

I second that.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang I gotta try this... Hey I'm new to steak but my stomach feels great and I don't really want to spend 40 bucks at Morton's in case I throw it up. Could someone who is good at steaks bring me 1 to try for free ?:D

Med-rare or med? Filet or tbone?

Sent from my VS930 4G using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

p woodard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang I gotta try this... Hey I'm new to steak but my stomach feels great and I don't really want to spend 40 bucks at Morton's in case I throw it up. Could someone who is good at steaks bring me 1 to try for free ?:D
that is what we were going to have at the last meeting at my house but Jay just had to have it at cici lol

p woodard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course. I didn't mean any disrespect at all to those of you helping out or even the OP, I was just pointing out the humor I saw in the request. Where else would you be able to approach a group of relative strangers, ask them to give you some of their favorite things, and get a positive response?

I'm not often in a position to give stuff away here, but even if I was, that post wouldn't probably get much consideration from me. I got a great deal from Jay on some corals the other day, and I also got to meet him, you, and your family in person that day, which I really enjoyed. I appreciate the willingness of our community to support one another, and people like you who've stuck with the hobby for what - 14 years was it? - taking the time to help out new guys like me and the OP. But none of that is funny, which is what I was going for, so I just went with the other post instead. :)
I know you didnt I have seen something that I dont like going on and just trying to get some good vibes going on

nerdwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you didnt I have seen something that I dont like going on and just trying to get some good vibes going on

Yeah good call - I was a member in 2009 & 2010, and joined again in 2012. I don't know what happened in between, but I can truly appreciate the positive atmosphere we've got here now. I laid the sarcasm on a little thick, I know, and I'm sorry about that.

OP
OP
calvo15290

calvo15290

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 6 bulb I have 3 12000 and 3 atinic I'm thanking of getting a color max bulb and the 2bulb is about 36 in I'd like to say it wold hang over my 30 some

OP
OP
calvo15290

calvo15290

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1360328968.282755.jpg

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put those rocks back in ur cichlid tank hahaha. What size tank is it?

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice i wanna come see the cichlids. Post some pics. I used to have a 150 with about 30 african cichlids in it

AirAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There lime stone so it's fine lol n the cichlid tank is 180 and the reef is 55

Andrew calvo

Not sure about saltwater aquariums but Limestone rock is generally frowned upon for use "IN" ponds.
It can cause issues with hardness and ph.

Aside from the fact it is not very attractive it is much denser than ocean rock and lacks the porousity sought after for great organism population.

While limestone is available in great quantity and can be gathered at no cost in this area, I took these concerns into consideration when constructing my pond. The sandstone I used was bought at considerable cost but I wanted to avoid any and all possible issues.

nerdwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from the fact it is not very attractive it is much denser than ocean rock and lacks the porousity sought after for great organism population.

"attractive" is subjective, isn't it? :neutral:

The great thing about having your own tank is that you can do what you like with it. Whether you personally like the way it looks or not, you have to admit it's a pretty unique look and obviously provides an interesting topic for discussion.

I never even thought of using limestone or what it was made out of before this thread, so I'm no expert (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...ba-dum ching!) Based on what I've read today, it's probably close to the type of live rock I've got in terms of porosity and effectiveness as a biofilter. My rock is aquacultured, and while it does have a rough texture and the appearance of porosity, it's actually very dense and heavy. The guy that sells it recommends 2# per gallon of water, and aside from wanting to sell more rock, it's probably a fair recommendation since the rock is heavy for it's size and you have to compensate for a lack of surface area compared to more porous rock. I might have to consider replacing my aquacultured rock with marco or tonga rock over time to improve the biological filter in my tank, and just keep a few pieces of it as base rock.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back