OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So unfortunately I have come to an END with this reef. Wife and I had our wonderful new addition to the Family last year and it has come time to break down the system and relocate a new system onto the other side of the house so my old fish room can become a room for little Maxwell. This was a really fun and rewarding reef tank to build and to watch grow. Thanks for all the supportive feedback, conversations and just plainly tagging along! We are in the process of enclosing our side porch on the other side of the house and making that the new "reef room" The new system will be a 50 gallon 24x24x20 SC Aquariums star fire rimless cube. Going to be putting halides to rest and trying my hand at LED's. Probably go with a Radion but new details will come in a ALL new thread!

Last edited:

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as I find this amazing thread and read the entire thing you announce you're closing it down. Amazing build, I'm sure the next will be just as amazing.

Congrats on baby Maxwell.

gmhammes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly the tank setup I'm looking for. I'll keep an eye out for the sale thread if there is one.

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, just finished reading this thread after 3 days. What a fantastic read! You really built a beautiful tank and I'm sad to see it go but completely understand. Thanks so much for posting this! I'm just coming back to the hobby after being away for about 15 yrs. So, so much has changed..

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, just finished reading this thread after 3 days. What a fantastic read! You really built a beautiful tank and I'm sad to see it go but completely understand. Thanks so much for posting this! I'm just coming back to the hobby after being away for about 15 yrs. So, so much has changed..
Thanks for taking the time to read. A lot has changed and for the better. I remember when I started in 04 there were about 15 reefers in our area now I couldn't count how many. The hobby has really exploded these last few years! It's great!!

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Andy, I lived in Westend (Henrico) in the 80's-late 90's. I start my 75g reef tank in the early 90's. Back then not much people have known about this site.

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Andy, I lived in Westend (Henrico) in the 80's-late 90's. I start my 75g reef tank in the early 90's. Back then not much people have known about this site.
Hey man! Welcome back to the world of reef keeping! So much has changed!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back