OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 I agree with Rev, your corals are stunning!
Some people have vastly different coloration/growth based on slight changes to their nutrient levels, so I'm always curious what people's test at. I figured you monitored that stuff since you were carbon dosing. I like the approach though, testing is annoying haha.

What about feeding? I had asked if you only broadcast or target some like chalices etc. I'm curious, again, always want to know what successful tanks have going on [emoji106]
Thanks again!.....Yes a fluctuation in nutrients can color shift corals. I have such a variety of corals that it's almost hard to keep them all happy. I try to find that happy medium and stick with somewhat of a feeding regime. I don't see the need in checking and chasing after the "magic" number. If your corals look happy and healthy your water looks good and your big 3 are in sink then whats the point. I really don't believe there is one. I stopped carbon dosing a while back. I just feed a variety of foods and do my water changes, stay on top of my big 3 dKH, calcium and magnesium. I feed a moderate amount not too much and not too little. Sometimes if I see a red flag.. for example more nuisance algae than excepted then I cut back a little. I don't mind a little algae just as long as it's under control, doesn't bother me......it shows that I have nutrients in the water for corals to utilize. You asked about target feeding. I would like too but thumbing around in the fish room in the dark feeding chalices I'd be afraid to wake up our baby..LOL. I have some really nice rainbow lords that I'd love to start target feeding. To answer your question I used too but would like to again in the future. So broadcast feeding it is for right now.

Last edited:

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that an rc plane on the wall in the back? Ah the other spendy hobby. Lol
A little more work done on the stand today.

IMG_1104_zps8d453293.jpg

IMG_1106_1_zps223d02c7.jpg

IMG_1105_1_zps5bc2cec0.jpg

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Nice and healthy. Thanks for sharing. Is that too a goni next to it?

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here lately I've had this recurring idea of fragging coral on to old looking bottles. Just like you would see on an old pirate wreck!..LOL I found a place to buy small old looking bottles of all kinds and colors. I purchased a clear one today and fragged a Pink Lemonade acro to the top of it. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

IMG_2653_zpsxc9lszat.jpg

dmantz1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Nice and healthy. Thanks for sharing. Is that too a goni next to it?

Yes. Under the clown to the right. I think the frag in front of the red one is a Goni also. Maybe a different type because the polyps only extend out about an 1/8". I have a blue/purple one just out of view of the shot. The bottle frag is pretty cool.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here lately I've had this recurring idea of fragging coral on to old looking bottles. Just like you would see on an old pirate wreck!..LOL I found a place to buy small old looking bottles of all kinds and colors. I purchased a clear one today and fragged a Pink Lemonade acro to the top of it. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

IMG_2653_zpsxc9lszat.jpg
Really cool! Going to have to try to do this. My girlfriend and I actually find and Collect
Old bottles. It would be combining 2 hobbies. Can wait to see how it turns out.
image.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back