Squamosa clam turned dark/brown

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nami
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nami

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2018
Messages
103
Reaction score
53
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have kept this purplish squamosa clam for close to a year now but recently upgraded my tank and switched from AI Primes (with a whiter variation of AB+) to a GHL Mitras 7206 (also similar spectrum, at 50% intensity). Its mantle now is a darker color, without the lighter purple hue it used to have.

Is it possible that Mitras at 50% is too low? Do clams turn brown for that reason?

This was its original color before it turned darker (its not exactly brown now, just a lot darker tone):
clam.JPG
 
Thats the original color, definitely a lot darker now. I'll update my post with a photo of its current color when I get home. Sorry about that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new