St. Pete Fish Store

Zakary2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started college in St. Petersburg Florida and once my tank is settled down I'd like to add some more coral and maybe a few new inverts. I know there are a couple aquarium stores around me, but I can't find much on which ones have good quarantine procedures and pest free tanks. For those of you familiar with the area, what stores should I check out?

Lonster00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started college in St. Petersburg Florida and once my tank is settled down I'd like to add some more coral and maybe a few new inverts. I know there are a couple aquarium stores around me, but I can't find much on which ones have good quarantine procedures and pest free tanks. For those of you familiar with the area, what stores should I check out?
Hey Zakary,
Lonnie here. Im in St. Petersburg in Old NE area so about 5 minutes from you. I have 4 saltwater tanks , just do soft corals, live rock, with hermits, snails, shrimp, and some reef fish. Ive gotten into breeding Clownfish once my pair started laying and hopefully will have a batch hatching on Jan. 17th in a few days. I think they are a Black Onyx and a Frostbite clown, so it should be interesting if they make it. At any rate, I have been here 10 years now. I get small frags at a store called St Pete Aquarium Store. Its at 62nd Ave N and 4th Street North , kind of attached to the side of the 7 Eleven . There is a Bait and Tackle sign above it which is a store right beside the fish store. A young guy owns and runs it, very small place. His coral frags are $20 to $40 for small ones . His fish are kind of expensive but he sometimes gets some neat stuff in. The entire wall of tanks on the left as you walk in are just fish and he treats all of that system with Copper Sulfate. He usually has a sign up stating that. The right side of the store is a mix of fish and corals so that side doesnt get treated, but I believe the fish are in the other side first before he moves them over. I have never gotten any parasites from his fish or invertibrates. You can get RO water there also. There is another store called Sea Life that is on 34th Street North(Rte 19) and around 52nd Ave North. It opened about 4 years ago. I get my clownfish and some Urchins there because his prices are very good. Ive never seen a sign about using Copper Sulfate so they probably dont. I though I saw a clownfish I liked that had a little bead on it that may have been one Ick cyst, so I didnt get it. I always put my fish in a separate quarantine tank anyways, because you just never know.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 53 74.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back