Stand too small/short for Nano Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter andrewey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
6,211
Location
Arizona
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm setting up a new IM 20 gallon. My current stand is a repurposed piece of furniture, however the stand is not square- the front of the stand is curved/ routed. As such, if I line up the tank optimally, the tank would overhang the back of the stand by 3/8".

I would like to utilize this particular piece of furniture, so my current plan would be to add 3/4" plywood to the top so the plywood distributes the weight of the 3/8" overhang. The tank is only 20 gallons, so there's not much weight and the tank is rimless, so in theory the weight should be evenly distributed, but I wanted to double check I wasn't missing something or if there was a better way to do this. I can always sister a piece of wood to the back of the stand if that would be preferable/needed.
 
This is a birds eye view of the top. Given the routing on the front, the two front corners of the tank would be unsupported (those portion of the corners overhanging the cut outs measured 5/16" wide, 3/8" deep). If I line up the tank flush with the front, rear panel of the tank stand by 3/8".
1000004537.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new