Starry blenny turns white and breathing fast everytime after eating

chemicals

Organic Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’ve noticed that my starry blenny turns white everytime after he eats. Besides that he seems fine, been in the tank for 6 months. He eats like a pig but everytime after feeding he seems in distress. He starts breathing very fast and turns completely white for like 30 sec to a min. After that, he is fine and just acts normal. Has anyone else see this kind of behaviour?

D8D862F7-2EE3-4F74-97CD-894FD59EA48E.jpeg

OP
OP
chemicals

chemicals

Organic Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen this before. Sounds like he has the meat sweats. Lol
Haha that’s what I would like to think as well. He eats so dang much and is al bloated afterwards. Maybe that’s just what it is. I’ve also never seen such big turds coming from a fish

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha that’s what I would like to think as well. He eats so dang much and is al bloated afterwards. Maybe that’s just what it is. I’ve also never seen such big turds coming from a fish
While not a starry blenny, my lawnmower blenny does the exact same thing.

I think it is due to eating so much, it forgets it needs to breath lol. After it gorges itself, it sits on a rock, goes lighter coloring and then chills for a minute or 2 and breaths heavy, just like yours lol.

Thunder_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that would turn white and dance all over the tank…at the time I had heard that it was a mating thing, so wife and I referred to it as him wearing his sexy time outfit… don’t know if that’s really true though.
0C2D14C4-2325-4C55-9979-A893889D4A07.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back