Start of Coralline

Dansters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this look like the beginning of coralline where it’s green and turns pink later?

IMG_0980.jpeg

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate coralline, I see it, and I try to destroy it, so I am far from an expert on this, but I do believe some of them are green and they prefer dimmer lights. Purple Coraline starts off pinkish. Again, I don't really pay attention to it.

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate coralline, I see it, and I try to destroy it, so I am far from an expert on this, but I do believe some of them are green and they prefer dimmer lights. Purple Coraline starts off pinkish. Again, I don't really pay attention to it.
How do you destroy it?

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scrape it off the walls :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:. I let it be on the rocks. I have an acrylic tank, so, I do not want it anywhere near the walls.

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scrape it off the walls :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:. I let it be on the rocks. I have an acrylic tank, so, I do not want it anywhere near the walls.
Lol I was wondering if you had a secret method. I’m just starting to get coralline and if I decide I don’t want it I would have been prepared hehe.

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I was wondering if you had a secret method. I’m just starting to get coralline and if I decide I don’t want it I would have been prepared hehe.
On rocks, Coraline looks nice, but like I said, I do not want a single drop of it on my walls. It's hard to take it off the acrylic without scratching it.

OP
OP
D

Dansters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One way to tell is if the algae is calcareous, does it fall right off with a brush or is it hard and requires scraping off the glass?
Definitely hard and when it was out of water during a water change it was rough on my finger.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely hard and when it was out of water during a water change it was rough on my finger.

Keep coralline in check anywhere you don’t intend to let it grow permanently,. It will etch glass quicker than you think if you are not diligent.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coraline typically shows up on plastic parts like powerheads first long before rocks and glass. Can be different colors but the purple dominates in the end

Attachments

• 20220325_164400.jpg
    20220325_164400.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 22

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back