Start treatment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sprungson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2019
Messages
670
Reaction score
590
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@D-Nak @OrionN @outerbank @chizerbunoi

My first magnifica that I bought from a local reefer acclimated well and mouth is closed, in the display tank.

My second magnifica, which is in a holding tank 20G nano is not looking great. I've had him for about a 8 days, before that it was 4 weeks at a local fish store and looked great. I have Cipro and hospital tank. Should I start treatment or just wait it out? I've been messing with lights for past couple of days so I'm not sure if he's acclimating to that or if I should start treatment.

Btw, he does not look like this all day. Goes from tight mouth to gaping mouth like this every 24 hours in the past 3 days (since I started messing with lights)

20200629_130521.jpg
 
If he deflated, I would start treatment. If his mouth just open, then I would wait. Lowre the light. He will do better with low light inititailly, especially if he came from drastically lower light level than in your tank.
 
If he deflated, I would start treatment. If his mouth just open, then I would wait. Lowre the light. He will do better with low light inititailly, especially if he came from drastically lower light level than in your tank.
Thanks @OrionN . I lowered the intensity from 78% to 50% now.
 
I have a magnifica that constantly has its mouth partially open. I think some just like to do that. If the mouth looks loose, then there is a reason for concern.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new