Started Fluconazole to kill Bryopsis and GHA... A daily report....

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to double check, there is a 1-time dose of 200mg per 10 gallons of salt water is this correct?

Can anyone confirm this for me?

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing is as per exact water volume (excluding rocks sand etc) or total tank volume???

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't account for LR. I estimated total system volume by the size of my tanks and dosed like that.

I am on day 5 and its working wonderfully.

Such a hidden gem! Mine did come back and treated multiple times. I think three total and reccomended doses. After the third I increased feedings and added like 3-5 more turbos and my rocks have never been so shiny. We won’t talk about the sand bed lol

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tablets available, not capsules. will it work? The other ingredients are colour and filler.

Can i start skimmer after 72hrs? As per "reef flux".

I have GHA issue
993b6d53ec2c4466d5d83030aa3f9246.jpg
eb06828b252eb1892f095e6ca3752e10.jpg

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fish Werx - I just read the whole thread and wanted to say thanks for sharing your journey. I'm on day 12 of my initial treatment and I'm wondering if your second round was successful? I appear to be experiencing the same results where most of the bright areas are dying off, but the darker areas appear to be holding on and not changing very much.

Thanks again!

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fish Werx - I just read the whole thread and wanted to say thanks for sharing your journey. I'm on day 12 of my initial treatment and I'm wondering if your second round was successful? I appear to be experiencing the same results where most of the bright areas are dying off, but the darker areas appear to be holding on and not changing very much.

Thanks again!

Same with me... bright areas are dying off, but the darker areas appear to be holding on. I am 10 days in at this point.

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed 2000mg in my 130g with a total water volume of approx 100g for GHA issue. Its been 2days though, hopefully all goes well.

Midnightt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow is day 7. Have not noticed any changes yet. Was hoping to have something happen at this point. Used 20 200mg tablets on my 180. GHA is still growing strong and healthy.:mad:

Jo P White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow is day 7. Have not noticed any changes yet. Was hoping to have something happen at this point. Used 20 200mg tablets on my 180. GHA is still growing strong and healthy.:mad:
It takes several weeks to see a different with hair algae. It took a month for me to see a big change and still I had algae.

Midnightt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just realized it is actually Day 6 today. Still little improvement. I did trim the macro algae yesterday since it was running out of room to tumble. Trimmed a full 3 gallon bucket worth which is about half. Doubt trimming will help slow down the GHA. I actually turned the skimmer up a touch too. Still not foaming into the cup. But, the skimmer is getting dirty inside the chamber so I wanted to be able to reach that with a rag.

Current plans are to go 21 days and then do a large water change and use my water change pump and hose to try to spray it off the rocks. After water change I'll run carbon and change the GFO. Give it a few more days and likely try again with the fluconazole.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11 pages and the OP stopped posting to the thread he started leaving anyone who read all 11 pages with nothing to show for it. I guess I'm going with it didn't work.

Nickolas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the post but since op isnt active wanted to ask yall, Should I try vibrant over fluconazole? I like the idea of the latter because I heard vibrant has caused the death of snails?

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the post but since op isnt active wanted to ask yall, Should I try vibrant over fluconazole? I like the idea of the latter because I heard vibrant has caused the death of snails?
I'm 6 weeks in using Vibrant for a bad GHA problem. All snails are fine. Can't say the same for my beautiful RBTA. It lost color, got really short tenacles and then split in two. Can't find one half and the other looks like crap and won't eat(split weeks ago). Meanwhile the GHA is growing like nothing is trying to kill it.

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Vibrant didn’t really do anything for my bryopsis but it did kill my my favorite snail and some orange zoas

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back