starting 20 gallon sps tank

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have 75 gallon DT runs with sps heavy reef tank. I have an extra 20 gallon tank (the std 24x12x16” H) that I am thinking to use for the frags that I trim from the DT. It won’t share sump due to location.

Pls advice:
1. which LED lights to use, aesthetic is important for me, been looking at the AI Prime or the Kessil A80. Will these strong enough light for 16” height tank. I will mount with the goose neck

2. ATO: looking at the nano Tunze (I already use the 3155 for my DT).

3. Filtration: no sump, so I am thinking hang on back aquaclear filter or should I get HoB skimmer instead? The tank may only have 1 fish, and I can use sands for biological filtration or bare bottom is better? I can put 1-2 live rocks

4. heater: just std eheim

Thanks for the input

shaggydoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go AI prime because I'm a fan of AI lights. For filtration, I would use a HOB AC filter and put chaeto in it. I had that running on my first tank (18g) and it worked very well. Rest sounds good to me.

OP
OP
mrtian97

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question on the chaeto inside hob, without lights, would the chaeto grows?

Thanks

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
- I say T5's,even halides unless you are wanting to go strictly leds. Or even a hybrid you could throw together for cheap.

- Have you looked into the Skimz Nano HOB ?

- I want to say either LedSupply or LGB has a cut to length waterproof smt led strip. Jusy cram in in the middle of the cheato and let 'er rip.

Back