Starting a new project

Youngsov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I just purchased a evo 13.5 gallon salt water aquarium and have already bought one large live rock with manifested biological media I believe it’s called. And then two smaller rocks which are just live rock that are beige looking so not with bacteria.
My plan is to be able to add a few more live rock on to the side of the tank, and maybe the glass. Now This is so that I could get some “invasive” coral species like GSP and blue anthelia’s it would amazing because I love them but also want some other corals like Zoa’s and polyps maybe some mushrooms if I’m not too crazy on everything. I know it all takes an enormous amount of time before I will be able to establish all of them but I’m wondering. What glue do you recommend for this become possible ?
I tried something from a local fish store ( I’ll upload a picture ) but it didn’t really stick on. Also all help for stocking with coral is welcome too! And highly appreciated. I have nobody else to talk to about this so don’t be shy to respond!!

A165F0E2-EFEF-4BE0-B341-351D3FF8A394.jpeg image.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Good luck on your new project!

Clownfish.gif

OP
OP
Y

Youngsov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the evo, they are great nano tanks. For glue, I just use the super glue GEL that I get from Target or so. If just the regular glue it can be runny so make sure it is the gel version.
Is that safe for the water quality/add chemicals to the water after I put water in it do you think?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy

........ What glue do you recommend for this become possible ?

How about mag rocks

howdy.gif

Last edited:

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

This is the glue I’ve heard that most have success with:

3 Pack IC-Gel Insta Cure...

BUT... it didn’t really work for me.
Neither has ANY other super glue others have recommended.

Let me know if you have success!

I have two unopened boxes left - I’d be happy to send one to you if you’d like to try it.

kichimark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that safe for the water quality/add chemicals to the water after I put water in it do you think?

Never had any issues and I have only ever used the locktite brand. The bottle that is blue and black. It cures super fast.

Ah, just re-read the original post. I don't believe the glue would work on the glass but when it comes to gluing plugs onto rocks and things like that, it works perfectly.

OP
OP
Y

Youngsov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy

How about mag rocks

howdy.gif
That’s really cool!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back