starting back up after 17 years

anemonalex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look pretty cool, how big do they get. The little serpent star in one of my pics was a hitchhiker! I was excited to see him, very small at moment, maybe 3/4” tip to tip.
The orange ones I beleive get about 1foot with a 2-3 inch disk. I would say mine is half grown. I had a micro brittle hitchhiker a few months ago. It only had 3 legs and came on a rock with an anemone I got for the nem. I watched it drop off and go into my rockwork. The other day I saw a bunch of thin little looking banded arms. So I hope I see so.e out of the rocks soon. Check out my build. I posted a big update yesterday.

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Naso tang. I have had mine about 2 years. He is easily 10 inches. The best fish personality I have dealt with and will eat out of my hand.
Thank you, Yeah he is my favorite in the tank, I believe he would probably eat out my hand if I tried, he is very personable and social.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. Tank is looking very nice. Look forward to see how it evolves :)

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great, for better pictures here is a link to Amazon to a cheap coral camera filter similiar to the one I use on my S22 to take pics.....grrr, I can't get the link to work, Coral Camera Filter at amazon.com is the search criter i used. They run about 25 dollars. https://tinyurl.com/Camera-Filter
YAY, got link to work!

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great, for better pictures here is a link to Amazon to a cheap coral camera filter similiar to the one I use on my S22 to take pics.....grrr, I can't get the link to work, Coral Camera Filter at amazon.com is the search criter i used. They run about 25 dollars. https://tinyurl.com/Camera-Filter
YAY, got link to work!
Thats the same one I got! It works good. My phone is the issue it will not white balance when I use it without the lens and then when I use the lens about half way through a video or taking a bunch of pics it will all of the sudden start trying to correct the white balance and turns everything orange. Stupid phone! Maybe one day I'll get fed up dealing with having to restart it anytime I want to make a phone call or receive one and all the other things it does or doesnt do and spend $1200 lol probably not thats reefing money!

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, a bit slow here! Just starting a build thread, cuz I am behind in that department. I will go thru photos and get things up here soon. I set up a 90 gallon with the intention of a mixed reef/community fish. I will work on photos tonight.
Here are my newest additions as well as a whole tank shot from this morning

Attachments

• IMG_6811.jpeg
    IMG_6811.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6812.jpeg
    IMG_6812.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6814.jpeg
    IMG_6814.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 9

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back